Today I rode Ben Swifts Team Sky bike!!!!

Toobig4hills
Toobig4hills Posts: 48
edited March 2013 in The cake stop
Well sort of rode it, I was in Leicester today and popped into Velobici, they currently have Ben Swifts 2012 team Sky bike on display, after a bit of begging I was allowed to ride it the 20ft length of the shop and I did get both feet off the ground and on the pedals so I am counting it as a ride.
If anyone is passing anywhere Leicester you should really pop in, it's only a small shop but it has some really cool stuff on display including some lovely Colnago's and the clothing is not too bad either :wink:

Comments

• Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    Anyone would think you were a plant - you do keep going on about the place!!

Stick to bike talk and refrain from the constant advertising! We'll get suspicious!
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Cant beleive the OP never put the address on his post not to mention a web link.

Shameless blowing up a shops a*se.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    And today I read Bradley Wiggins' book. :lol:

Does that count?

Tomorra I'm having a walk to my LBS, I'll post if I bump into Barry Hoban or Tommy Voeckler. :roll:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    And today I read Bradley Wiggins' book. :lol:

Does that count?

Tomorra I'm having a walk to my LBS, I'll post if I bump into Barry Hoban or Tommy Voeckler. :roll:

Tommy's round mine tomorrow were off to a gurning competition :wink:
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Hey guys, no plant, I went there last week for the 1st time, so cynical. Just found something quite cool that people who don't like all the mass produced crap may be interested in in which case it is a shameless plug.
    If I'd met Wiggins today I would have posted that but it does not mean I give him a massage everyday, just excited to get to see a real pro's bike.
    No hard feelings guys and totally understand where you are coming from though. Seriously though you should pop over there if you are in the area. :wink:
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    We're just pulling your leg mate
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I can completely understand your excitement. Having excitement keeps you young at heart. When I was a kid I always wanted to drive a Porsche. When it happened I was sooooooo happy I could of shouted it from the rooftops. I would do a lot to get that feeling again so keep shouting when your excited and do things that make you happy.
    Living MY dream.
  • Cheers danlikesbikes, I know how it could look and totally understand. See you are over MK way, not sure if you are a member of the Team MK cycle club but I have seen them at a great cafe stop in Winslow a few times and they appear to be a very friendly bunch.
    I know what you mean VTech (a blatant plug? :wink: ) I will be very excited if I drive a Porsche, currently thinking of changing my car and looked at a Cayenne as they are really cheap now, but 15-20mpg!!! tried to justify it by saying to the wife that I would ride my bike more, that did not seem logical to her, having a nice car sat on the drive, cant see a problem with that.
    Anyway, I got to sit on an actual Team Sky bike :D
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Its just a bike, mass produced like most other bikes. Well, in fact its also a Pinarello that Im sure Sky will be glad to see the back of :)
  • LOL, I must admit I have never been a fan of the curvy forks and back end but in my excitement I did not notice them.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    I saw one just like in Halfords.

In the bargain section by the entrance door, in between a Wallace and Gromitt ice scraper and a