Back to slicks!!

IanLD
IanLD Posts: 423
edited March 2013 in Commuting general
Took the studs off yesterday and slicks back on the folder.

Great!!!! :D:D:D

Going to do the hybrid next weekend so will have two bikes back to being a lot lighter and more responsive. Glad I had the studs although hardly used in anger this winter, but good to see them hanging up now.

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    There's time yet ... :D
  • IanLD
    I know...

Apologies to all for the colder weather coming in now. Perhaps if I quickly put the studs back on it might stay away :?
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    It snowed within a week of me putting the slicks back on. So I'll blame this wee cold snap on your tyre choice.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • IanLD
    Hmmm... forecast looks so poor that I think the studs will be going back on this weekend :(

Looks like back to some pretty cold conditions and may be -5 at night so ice will be around again. Will hold off until there is a bit more certainty as I don't really want them back on if possible.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Get another set of wheels!
  • IanLD
    Not exactly cheap for 20" wheels :shock:

Got four other bikes, so I've kept winter tyres on the hybrid (that I can't bring to work due to space restrictions :x )

A lot of snow here, so studs probably going back on tomorrow evening unless there is a dramatic thaw and no frozen run off left behind.