Route Advice: Northwood to Uxbridge

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited March 2013 in Commuting chat
Hi All,

I need route advice - bit out in the woods of North West London, but I am more than likely moving to Northwood or Ruislip and commuting down to Uxbridge.

Anyone got a good route? I read somewhere about the London Loop, which I believe is the Grand Union Canal tow path - anyone used this for cycling?

Thanks

G

Comments

• stuart_c-2
    stuart_c-2 Posts: 805
    From Northwood I would say the canal is no good for you. You would have to go quite out of your way to get onto it.

Northwood or Ruislip, quickest way to Uxbridge is straight down Breakspear Road. It's an unlit country lane so don't know how stressed you are about such things in the winter.

Stu
    "I ride to eat"
  • gtvlusso
    Hmm - I had a drive through Harefield on Sunday. I like the area around there, reasonable links to London and fairly rural. Happy with a more rural route.

Thinking that Moor Park or Somewhere in Northwood would be a good place to stay for a few years.

Cheers
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    Moor park is lovely, very expensive but lovely.
  • gtvlusso
    spasypaddy wrote:
    Moor park is lovely, very expensive but lovely.

House we are considering is quite literally next to Taylors Merchants school and Moor Park tube, it is one of the few rentals with an annexe. We are looking for a place with an annexe for my father-in-law, so, he will be going half on the rental....otherwise we would not be able to afford it!

Drove down the street on Saturday and felt like pondlife, I tried to look like 'old money' in our knackered old car.....I don't think it worked...

I am sure that I will learn to mix it with the stock brokers though..... :lol:
  • gtvlusso wrote:
    Hi All,

I need route advice - bit out in the woods of North West London, but I am more than likely moving to Northwood or Ruislip and commuting down to Uxbridge.

Anyone got a good route? I read somewhere about the London Loop, which I believe is the Grand Union Canal tow path - anyone used this for cycling?

Thanks

G

Grand Union Canel is CX or mtb as very little is hard ground. If Moor Park, this is easy to get on. No idea how busy it is at communting time though.

From Northwood, direct route is Ducks Hill Road(fast/NSL)/Breakspear Road(rat run) until the queues near the A40. Depending on where you are in Northwood, I'd probably do Northwood Hills, West Ruislip, Ickenham, Uxbridge