Music Storage

2»

Comments

• essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    Dalton wrote:
    Assuming his is now up and running again, you could always just change the password?

Yes I will do that, no other security necessary then, the wi-fi password is enough?

Thanks for all the comments on this, I have procrastinated a bit (unusual for me!) but chuffed with the outcome.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Guess it all depends on what's on the nas and how much you trust your neighbour . Music over the DNLA server I wouldn't worry about. My neighbour has a key to my house, doesn't mean they are going to come in and steal all my stuff. Wireless can be hacked too. I'd protect the nas share for the music so it cannot be delete by unauthorised access. I'd also create seperate prected share for sensative work or finance documents. If you are really worried about wireless being hacked then setup the approved devices function on the wireless router. Basically this checks the mac address of the connecting device is in the appoved list before allowing the connection, the downside is when someone comes to visit and want to access wireless you have to add them. Although this last point is also a good reason to add some security to nas drive to stop guest access.... I still wouldn't protect the dnla server though....
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5