under seat pack with LED loop that works.

daveyroids
daveyroids Posts: 223
edited March 2013 in Commuting general
I simply want to buy a seat pack that has a LED loop that works. I have two packs currently and when I clip my lights on then the material of the pack deforms when riding which means that my light is facing the ground and can't be seen.

I need a pack where my led is kept in a stable position.

Recommendations needed please.

Comments

• chaymck
    chaymck Posts: 157
    Topeak aero wedge. Never had any issues. Are you using a particularly heavy rear light?
  • mwalters
    mwalters Posts: 21
    I use an Altura Speed. It's the medium size which can hold a spare tube, mini-tool, pump and emergency gel or two. It swings from side to side a bit but has no problem holding a Cateye TL-D610 size light.
  • IanLD
    IanLD Posts: 423
    +1 for Topeak aero wedge. Have only started to have some threads parting now after over 4,000 miles with a Cateye LD1100 on it and thats only because of a crash.

Using another Topeak on the folder with a Smart R1 and it is fine. Points down a bit, but still plenty of light behind me and not dazzling drivers or other riders.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    A better light is a simple option, buy a moon comet or shield.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Another Topeak bag user here but I use the clip on bag and not the strap on version so the bag isn't deformed by securing it to the saddle rails. I do keep stuff in the pocket in teh flap of my bag which helps keep it pointing the right way.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • daveyroids
    daveyroids Posts: 223
    Thanks for the replies. I have the Planet X rip off or the Smart R1 lights. Cheap but very bright. I want a reliable clip so I can keep a light on my road bike all the time. Plus on my commuting bike it gives me an extra option for fitting another light. I was looking at the Topeak bags but didn't want to waste money before deciding what to buy.

Redvee, I take your point about the clip on version and think that might be the best bet.

Had a look at the moon lights. Appear to be very bright with a quoted 30 or 60 lumens. However don't think the burn time is brilliant.
  • dav1
    dav1 Posts: 1,298
    another +1 for the topeak.

TO make sure my light doesn't come off i have a zip tie over the bottom of the clip that wraps around the front.
    Giant TCR advanced 2 (Summer/race)
    Merlin single malt fixie (Commuter/winter/training)
    Trek superfly 7 (Summer XC)
    Giant Yukon singlespeed conversion (winter MTB/Ice/snow)

Carrera virtuoso - RIP