Superstar brake pads

tompo24
tompo24 Posts: 10
edited March 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi Guys,

Im about to buy some superstar brake pads as they seem really good value. Im not sure what to get sintered or kevlar?

Does anyone have experience using these pads, do you rate them? I have read seriously mixed reviews, I wanna give them a go mainly because they seem such a bargain!

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks Tom

Comments

• JMcP92
    JMcP92 Posts: 339
    I went Kevlar, I find them better for all around use, also good for road when appropriate.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Excellent. Kevlar unless you always ride in really wet, gritty conditions.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    +1 kevlar here. Work well everywhere, including on my disc roadie.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    +1 kevlar here as well
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Personally have no trouble using organics.
  • tompo24
    tompo24 Posts: 10
    Thanks for the replies guys im gonna give the kevlar ones a go!

Tom
  • jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    I've just started using the Kevlar ones, too. Took a long time to bed in, but working nicely now.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    I'm running SS sintered in XTs - plenty of stopping power and last very well. Never had an issue with quality.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Sintered in my XTs did try Kevlar in a set of Crapid Elixir and they were okay but didnt seem to last very long compared to sintered and didnt have the all out power of organics. Personally sintered in winter and if it ever gets dry I have a set of organics ready to drop in.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap