Fatters, Ravenbait et all... where are they now?

PolyHivePete
PolyHivePete Posts: 10
edited March 2013 in The cake stop
Anyone know these nicks from the past?

Shen wonders...

PH

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I have no idea what the question means - but does it come in 11 speed.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    I remember those names. You'll find most of them on YACF, and the others on Cyclechat
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    I think you'll find the World of Warcraft forum is further down the corridor mate....
  • penugent
    penugent Posts: 913
    They were the ones who considered themselves above this place when the old 'Cycling Plus' site morphed into Bikeradar so they flounced off on their merry way.
  • YACF? Translate please?

PH
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    ju5t1n wrote:

nah! had a look, didn't see a 'Girls' thread, came back :lol:

The older I get, the better I was.

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Capt Slog wrote:
    ju5t1n wrote:

I too took a quick peek.
    Saw a forum titled "Camping it up" and came back sharpish. I thought I had strayed over to somewhere on the dark side.
  • The Mechanic
    The Mechanic Posts: 1,277
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    ju5t1n wrote:

I too took a quick peek.
    Saw a forum titled "Camping it up" and came back sharpish. I thought I had strayed over to somewhere on the dark side.

I guess that is exactly why they left this forum. Too much back stabbing, nit picking and no sense of humour. And you should have looked at the Not Safe for Work thread.
    I have only two things to say to that; Bo***cks
  • kieranb
    kieranb Posts: 1,674
    oh, I remember that big split, I think I even 'applied' to join at one stage but being on 2 forums was too much time wasting. YACF was set up by them specifically to address their issues. I first joined the C+ forum on the 5th November 2002 (the month it was first set up if I remember correctly), so that's over 10 years now the forum has been going in one form or another, pity it had no birthday celebrations. C+ changed to bikeradar in July 2007 if my emails are correct?
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    penugent wrote:
    They were the ones who considered themselves above this place when the old 'Cycling Plus' site morphed into Bikeradar so they flounced off on their merry way.

I remember that - I used to lurk on the old C+ site. I think there was some sort of amalgamation of a few sites and the first day of 'Bikeradar' was just like the first day of High School as everyone clung to their cliques before sodding off elsewhere - one of the more spectacular group flounces I've witnessed.
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    I remember both the exodus'. All good fun - feck 'em, the forum'll die without us!

Ravenbait has her own site. I'm fairly sure that she resurfaced sometime in the last year, but I can't remember where.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill