Paris-Nice Prologue *spoilers*

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
edited March 2013 in Pro race
Live on ES from 2.30pm.

Looks a tight, very technical course.

JTL and TV Tommy elected for road bikes apparently

Soupe in the lead currently.
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    Kelderman in lead

Montfort down
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Compared to Roma Maxima, this is.............what's the word?..............boring, that's it.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Mad_Malx
    Chavanel into lead
  • Mad_Malx
    - and Gaudin takes it from him straight away
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    The europcar helmet isn't half ugly.. looks like it has a solar panel on top?!
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Gesink looks like Froome on ecstacy.
  • garyhoop1
    garyhoop1 Posts: 44
    Video from todays prologue: http://bit.ly/XJaCmp
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    Compared to Roma Maxima, this is.............what's the word?..............boring, that's it.

I think crap might be the better word. Disappointing field and a 3km prologue is too short for my liking. I'm sure it will pick up later in the week when JTL goes on a solo break through the mountains though :lol:
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Well I have been known to fall asleep in front of a TT or a 'boring flat sprinters stage' before but this time shuteye was achieved in record time. I watched Soupe start but I never saw him finish, impressive form from me! It took less than 2.9km and 3.38 (or somesuch similar time) to drop off. :( Woke up during the Sporza highlights of Driedaagse van West Vlaanderen, Nico Eeckhout in a break and Gerald Ciolek actually winning something. :shock:
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Milton50 wrote:
    Gesink looks like Froome on ecstacy.

Fugly beyond belief
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Well I have been known to fall asleep in front of a TT or a 'boring flat sprinters stage' before but this time shuteye was achieved in record time. I watched Soupe start but I never saw him finish, impressive form from me! It took less than 2.9km and 3.38 (or somesuch similar time) to drop off. :( Woke up during the Sporza highlights of Driedaagse van West Vlaanderen, Nico Eeckhout in a break and Gerald Ciolek actually winning something. :shock:

a sub 3k prologue, P-N? I mean, seriously, why even bother

Yeah, good for Ciolek and the new African team. Dont know what's been happening with Cav after the Prologue at 3 Days, he's been silent on his Twitter feed for several days which usually means he's not a happy camper about something
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    It looked a bit technical. I'm surprised that there weren't a few face-plants on some of those tight turns.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Getting a bit sick of all this - it's not a spectacle - bit tough, dangerous . These are pros . A tracky won on a demanding circuit. Obviously you want straight roads and the expected to dominate? Get over yourselves
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    pn-gaudin.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    tumblr_mj4fooroRw1ql1wnco1_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    tumblr_mj52m6TtDV1qacyk6o1_500.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tumblr_mj52m6TtDV1qacyk6o1_500.jpg

And that bit of black sticky tape is the reason OPQS are saying the helmet was illegal?

(apologies if this has been discussed in the other P-N threads)
    I have a policy of only posting comment on the internet under my real name. This is to moderate my natural instinct to flame your fatuous, ill-informed, irrational, credulous, bigoted, semi-literate opinions to carbon, you knuckle-dragging f***wits.