Managed my first 50 today..well chuffed

elderone
elderone Posts: 1,410
edited March 2013 in Road beginners
Having not been out for 3 weeks with illness I did a 20 mile ride cpl days ago to see how I felt and today went for a ride hoping to beat my previous best of 0f 40.2mls.Managed 52.9 mls but totally knackered and the last 10 miles were a push tbh.
Totally chuffed though and now its sofa time :D .
http://app.strava.com/activities/42796281
Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori

Comments

• chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    Well done! I know it's been a frustrating time for you, so kudos for pushing on. I bet it was a lot hillier than my first 50, so gratz.

And spring is on its way!!

How are you getting on with the Defy?
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    Thanks Chris,it has been a bit frustrating but i,m happy as im infront of the plan I had when i started.I was hoping to do my first 50 on my 50th in April,so ahead of that.Hill wise was least climbing I could find in my area as didn,t want to blow out to early.
    As for my defy I havn,t used it yet as its my 50th present,so that wont come out till my birthday.I promised the kids and grandkids especially I,d wait for the birthday send off.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • canny_lad
    canny_lad Posts: 329
    Well done. What a cracking day to do it as well! Hope the weather's like this for me in the morning :D

You've got more resolve than me, leaving that shiny new bike untouched!
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    Good stuff, and as has been said what a fabulous day for it :D
  • nmt
    nmt Posts: 88
    Well done mate. I would have loved to get out today as the weather has been great but i had to work this morning and got the kids this afternoon.
  • #david2012
    #david2012 Posts: 275
    Well done elderone! Did my longest last Sunday 66miles in a sportive only the second time I've done over 50
  • Mikey41
    Mikey41 Posts: 690
    Congrats! :D
    Giant Defy 2 (2012)
    Giant Defy Advanced 2 (2013)
    Giant Revel 1 Ltd (2013)
    Strava
  • Inutero
    Inutero Posts: 111
    elderone wrote:
    Managed 52.9 mls but totally knackered and the last 10 miles were a push tbh.
    Totally chuffed though and now its sofa time :D .
    http://app.strava.com/activities/42796281

Know the feeling, 16 miles from home and felt exactly the same way. Its nice to know you have it inside you to get home when you feel like that though :D