Starsboy Posts: 66
edited March 2014 in Road general
Hi Guy's/Girl's
Does anyone know if the above club in South Wales is still going :?:
Thanks in advance

Comments

• gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,629
    No, I don't know, but I live in Nelson and if you fancy a ride out give me a shout.
  • careful
    careful Posts: 720
    I cant be certain, but Ive got a feeling they folded many years ago.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    the club is still listed as active on the BC website.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 42,980
    They are still about but with only 10 members. I haven't seen them have riders in a race or promote an event for years though. Acme Wheelers (Rhondda), Abertillery Wheelers or Cwmcarn Paragon may be better options with Cwmcarn probably being the most active.
  • Starsboy
    Hi guy's thanks for the replies. New Tredegar was closer to home than the other clubs but will now revert to looking further afield
  • gethinceri
    Let me know, i'm looking for a club too.
  • Starsboy
    Gethinceri wrote:
    Let me know, i'm looking for a club too.
    Drop me a mail if you fancy a run locally, not enough posts for PM kmatthews@kobusch.com
  • Just dropping in on the conversation. I've been looking for a club a bit closer, ideally easier to get to to start out on rides etc. Being in Penpedairheol, sort of out of the way of everything. Wouldn't mind joining some others for ride starting locally!
  • Starsboy
    Just dropping in on the conversation. I've been looking for a club a bit closer, ideally easier to get to to start out on rides etc. Being in Penpedairheol, sort of out of the way of everything. Wouldn't mind joining some others for ride starting locally!
    Hi Jamie,
    I have managed a few local rides with another forum member (based in Pengam/Nelson) would enjoy meeting up but I am in France for a week starting this Friday) drop me a line on the above e.mail
  • Ok will drop you an email when you return. Have a good trip!
  • chrisw12
    chrisw12 Posts: 1,246
    Hi guys,

Just a bit of info for you, you could have a look at Merthyr cc, they are very active and not far from you. You could go down to EC cycles at Aberycynnon/Nelson and ask them for local clubs and for advice, they seem to be pretty clued in to the local scene at the moment.
  • roogster
    roogster Posts: 31
    how about pontypool . They have quite a few on their club runs
  • I popped into EC Cycles to get some info. Only knew of Taff Ely tri group that go past locally. Don't think I'm quite the triathlete to really participate there. I'm happy to just meet locally to do some rides.
  • Starsboy
    I popped into EC Cycles to get some info. Only knew of Taff Ely tri group that go past locally. Don't think I'm quite the triathlete to really participate there. I'm happy to just meet locally to do some rides.
    Hi Jamie, likewise at present, if between us we can get the Nelson nuisance fit it could become enjoyable :lol:
  • gethinceri
    "The Nelson Nuisance" is trying his very best to get fit. Heading out for a ride tomorrow 20th at 9ish and probably 21st too, let me know if you want to join. Need to keep the pedals turning while Starsboy is busy failing to speak French.
  • Just seen this post. Can't make tomorrow (20th), so I'll let you know if I can join you on 21st. I've sent you a reply email too!
  • Small world - I'm in Pedpedairheol too. Looks like most of the population here are on this forum (ok, so 2).

Happy to meet up at some point to get the old legs spinning.
  • gethinceri
    Old legs? You're on!
  • arweljames
    arweljames Posts: 2
    Hi everybody.

I'm looking to establish a new road cycling club in Ystrad Mynach named UCY (Union Cycliste Ystrad)

If interested please email ucycyclingclub@gmail.com

Looking forward to getting things rolling!
  • gethinceri
    This club, Union Cycliste Ystrad Mynach is now active and meets at 9.00 am Sunday at The Rowan Tree pub which is on the A472 between Nelson and Ystrad Mynach. Twits are @ucycyclingclub
    Pace is normally a luxurious 15mph over around 30 miles including a tea/flurry/pi55-taking break.
    More members are invited to join the half dozen strong club.
  • UCY (Union Cycliste Ystrad Mynach) has been successfully rolling for almost a year now!

Rides start from Penallta RFC (Located in Ystrad Myanch) @ 9am every Sunday with various other rides arranged during the week.

Rides suit all abilities and are aimed at the social side of things around 15mph average. There are some hard core types who blast during the week and on Saturdays.

For more info

Twitter - @ucycyclingclub
    Strava - http://www.strava.com/clubs/ucy-union-c ... nach-26945
    Facebook - Search UCY Cycling Club

Get involved!