Rory Mcilroy

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited March 2013 in The bottom bracket
Ragged in at the "Honda classic" 'cos of toothache...................Hard aren't they these golfers.

I know toothache is horrid but I can't help but think of the hardship endured by some of the pro peleton and think,hmmmmm! Hardly up there with finishing a tour you have no chance of winning after breaking your jaw or run over by a car and knocked through a barbed wire fence,is it.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• xscreamsuk
    xscreamsuk Posts: 318
    Never been the same since he left ISM. Too big for his boots now, needs a reality check quickly.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Ragged in at the "Honda classic" 'cos of toothache...................Hard aren't they these golfers.

I know toothache is horrid but I can't help but think of the hardship endured by some of the pro peloton and think,hmmmmm! Hardly up there with finishing a tour you have no chance of winning after breaking your jaw or run over by a car and knocked through a barbed wire fence,is it.

The toothache is just an excuse. He was playing shite and quit.
    xscreamsuk wrote:
    Never been the same since he left ISM. Too big for his boots now, needs a reality check quickly.

What reality?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    You need to compare like for like Frank, that golf tournament is hardly up there in terms of status, plenty of pro cyclists bail out of low-profile early season races when they aren't feeling great. My cynical side suspects it's down to his sponsor now he's a Nike corporate whore, one phone call to check he doesn't need to be there and that's it, he's done for the weekend.
  • Frank the tank
    You need to compare like for like Frank, that golf tournament is hardly up there in terms of status, plenty of pro cyclists bail out of low-profile early season races when they aren't feeling great. My cynical side suspects it's down to his sponsor now he's a Nike corporate whore, one phone call to check he doesn't need to be there and that's it, he's done for the weekend.
    Fair point.
    Tail end Charlie

• mcilloroy is a dick, a nasty little twat. horrible person.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    mcilloroy is a dick, a nasty little fool. horrible person.

And your experience of him to make this judgement is?
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • well i have met him at a number of golf tournamanets in a number of roles as well as having good friends in ireland who have had dealings with him throughout his rise to stardom.

so not much to go on, no....

(btw i think my sentiments were changed somewhat by the swear filter. or whatever, i didnt say fool, and i dont think i said horrible person, i think i said worse than that.)
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Fair enough then. Although a quick suggestion - always better to provide an anecdote or two that you've been involved with rather than just a glib statement.

You opinion does actually match what I'd heard from some golfing acquaintances who'd spent serious money on his attendance at an event.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • xscreamsuk
    xscreamsuk Posts: 318
    mcilloroy is a dick, a nasty little fool. horrible person.

That is exactly my impression of him, Nike seems to attract them.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Have you seen that New Santander advert. Where Mcilroy, Jenson Button and Jess Ennis try to expone the advantages of the new Santander Current account and Card.

They all come across as having as much enthusiasm as a commuter at a comedy club.

And whats wrong with the lad on his blackberry as Ennis walks away from him in lycra tights, he doesn't even look up to check her arse out.
  • Frank the tank
    The lad on the blackberry is a sad indictment on society. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie