Saddle for Giant Trance X1 29er 2013

rave81
rave81 Posts: 57
edited March 2013 in MTB buying advice
i finished upgrading the groupset of my new Giant Trance X1 29er to XTR, however I find the saddle that comes with it is uncomfortable, especially riding 4 hours in technical trail/single track.

Can you please recommend a comfortable saddle for trail rides.

Comments

• warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    Saddles are very personal. That said, most people seem to get on ok with Charge Spoons or SDG Bel Airs. It's a Fizik Tundra as standard on the Trance, right? So I'd guess you maybe need something wider or pressure relieving, or both. The good side is that Spoons are cheap enough if you find they don't really fit too.
  • rave81
    rave81 Posts: 57
    warpcow wrote:
    Saddles are very personal. That said, most people seem to get on ok with Charge Spoons or SDG Bel Airs. It's a Fizik Tundra as standard on the Trance, right? So I'd guess you maybe need something wider or pressure relieving, or both. The good side is that Spoons are cheap enough if you find they don't really fit too.

Mine did not come with Fizik Tunday, it comes with Giant own saddle. The Fizik saddle is only available with Trance X0 and X00.
  • WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    I would also suggest a Charge Spoon, very comfortable saddle and amazingly cheap, I paid £17.47 for mine, i've just ordered a second one so I'll have one on each bike.
  • Bishbosh10
    Bishbosh10 Posts: 268
    specialized body geometry - get your "sit bones" measured and pick a saddle to suit.
    2011 Giant Trance Ltd, 2016 Revs, XT bits etc.