decent gloves

dave02
dave02 Posts: 325
edited March 2013 in Road beginners
hi
what gloves do you guys wear to stop your fingers from freezing to the bars,

Comments

  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    defeet dura
    silk inners (£6 at decathlon)

    Done me all winter, and the dura's will be ok for spring on their own.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Specialized sub zero ... Had them as a Christmas present and have so far kept my fingers warm ... If not quite so cold then the inner on its own is amazing
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    alternatively, search winter gloves, and save is the hassle going through the monthly glove thread?
  • Sprool
    Sprool Posts: 1,022
    cheap decathlon silk inners are great (not silk but prob nylon and £4.50) - can turn an inexpensive pair of outer gloves (ie: £6.50 Aldi specials) into a thermal toastnest for cold fingers. Cheap inners + outers are less than 1/2 the price of expensive high end winter gloves and imho even warmer.
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    Sprool wrote:
    cheap decathlon silk inners are great (not silk but prob nylon and £4.50) - c.

    Do you know what you are talking about, or are you just making that up in the hope it is right?!

    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/silk-glove-l ... 14962.html

    over six quid and 100% silk.
    Blithering idiot!
  • mitchgixer6
    mitchgixer6 Posts: 729
    Jeez oh Scrumple mate, chill out!

    Why come on with a good answer to the question, then flame him for asking it in the first place?!! Make your mind up.
  • NewTTer
    NewTTer Posts: 463
    Jeez oh Scrumple mate, chill out!

    Why come on with a good answer to the question, then flame him for asking it in the first place?!! Make your mind up.
    He didntt flame the OP, read back carefully. He just corrected some incorrect info posted by someone else
  • mitchgixer6
    mitchgixer6 Posts: 729
    Scrumple wrote:
    alternatively, search winter gloves, and save is the hassle going through the monthly glove thread?

    This is what I was referring to.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Group hug ...
  • Just a pair of cheap fleece gloves from the market; over my mitts. They aren't waterproof and they aren't the warmest thing available, but they are more than adequate, and cost £3 or so.
  • Sprool
    Sprool Posts: 1,022
    Scrumple wrote:
    Sprool wrote:
    cheap decathlon silk inners are great (not silk but prob nylon and £4.50) - c.

    Do you know what you are talking about, or are you just making that up in the hope it is right?!

    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/silk-glove-l ... 14962.html

    over six quid and 100% silk.
    Blithering idiot!
    No need for your insolence old chap, i bought some cheap inners from decathlon that do the job really nicely, they are not silk they are man made fibre, and cheaper than £6. I won't overload your brain with the polymer chemistry.
  • ooermissus
    ooermissus Posts: 811
    +1 for all those saying it's mainly about the inner glove.
  • dave02
    dave02 Posts: 325
    thanks guys, i will give inners a go.
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    Sprool wrote:
    Scrumple wrote:
    Sprool wrote:
    cheap decathlon silk inners are great (not silk but prob nylon and £4.50) - c.

    Do you know what you are talking about, or are you just making that up in the hope it is right?!

    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/silk-glove-l ... 14962.html

    over six quid and 100% silk.
    Blithering idiot!
    No need for your insolence old chap, i bought some cheap inners from decathlon that do the job really nicely, they are not silk they are man made fibre, and cheaper than £6. I won't overload your brain with the polymer chemistry.

    Note carefully the words in bold.
    Then apologise. You mentioned decathlon silk inners, not cheapo ones.
  • Sprool
    Sprool Posts: 1,022
    Jeez - no offence - so sorry for using the wrong description. I am both humbled and ashamed.
    Now back to the point.
    they're great. Get some.
    Real cheap at Decathlon.
    Whatever they happen to be made of.
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    Sorry, I'm just training to be a pedant.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I have no idea what they are made of (prob not SILK) but I too got come inners from Decathlon for a quid. These have been fine under my Lidl gloves all winter. Another benefit is that the inners soak up all the sweat but are easy to wash/dry.
    The other thing I have noticed is that the tingling in my hands that I used to experience is gone. Must be a coincidence as I think these liners are too thin to make a difference.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Scrumple wrote:
    Sorry, I'm just training to be a pedant.

    I think you're already over qualified :D