Angerrrrr

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited March 2013 in The cake stop
Had a dose of man flu delivered by a visiting english person, this causes havoc with diabetes and injecting quantities of insulin, add to this zero exercise this gives me hyperglycemia, this high blood sugar causes me to getVERY ANGRY, foda foda foda.

Trouble is I have nothing to get angry about, It's warm, it's spring, the sun is, oh you get the idea, I'm now prodding you with the weather stick, can't even feel slightly indignatious (cant spell wont spell) and I remember that UK residents and particularly cyclist have lots of reason to get angry, thought you might have a few suggestions.

So Reasons to be angry, part 1...
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    This kind of post really makes my blood boil!

-Spider-
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    None. Everything is just tickety-boo at the mo. :)
  • team47b
    b@rstards!
  • clickrumble
    clickrumble Posts: 304
    Hypochondriacs who live abroad grrrr!
  • Peeple oo cant spel an cant do gramer an puntat- punction - ya know them little tidly thinks that ar in words sumtims
  • team47b
    Peeple oo cant spel an cant do gramer an puntat- punction - ya know them little tidly thinks that ar in words sumtims

I know, it's not like it's a foreign language, não é foda difícil :roll:
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    Interestingly, I have learned to lose all sense of anger and my life has become much happier as a result.

Given that we are in a (fairly!) civilised society with no other neanderthals competing for my cave / food / wife, anger is largely a vestigial emotion that serves little (if any) positive purpose.

Seminar over. !!
  • team47b
    It is true that we all interpret situations differently and apply the most appropriate emotion at the time and one can learn to respond without anger, and I am glad that Secteur can be so philosophical and chilled.

but I am angry, think I may have to go to hospital soon. The insulin isn't working.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Secteur wrote:
    Given that we are in a (fairly!) civilised society with no other neanderthals competing for my cave / food / wife, anger is largely a vestigial emotion that serves little (if any) positive purpose.

I disagree. In a lot of sports, aggression is needed to perform that crucial bit extra.

Even in cycling... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgsepZux4kw
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • team47b
    still here.

There is a difference between anger and aggression. Aggression is an intention to do harm and anger is just an emotion.
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    did team47b's head explode yet?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    You could get angry about this. Or more likely be relieved he's nowhere near you or I.
  • team47b
    Secteur wrote:
    did team47b's head explode yet?

Not yet :x

Tried to get annoyed at not being able to ride my bike (dangerously high blood glucose can induce a coma!) but we have a week of pouring rain and high winds just started, so it would make no difference, not going out in that!

Increased my insulin by 50% and my blood glucose is still twice what it should be, cant be annoyed as this as it is still lower than it was yesterday, currently I have the blood glucose of a large jam doughnut.

Now I'm thinking about cake!