Decathlon - great service

goffski
goffski Posts: 72
edited March 2013 in Road beginners
Not quite sure what happend but the other day while out on my triban 5 the rear cassette felt like it was starting to slip luckily i was almost home but just as i did get home the pedals were no longer turning the wheel.

The bike is almost 6 months old so off i went to to Decathlon, straight away the guy said "that's not good, you're going to need a new wheel''. The computer was showing as no stock in the warehouse but he managed to get one off the shop floor for me. An hour later i got a call to tell me my bike was ready, new rear wheel, 6 month service and all covered under their 2 year warranty, it's like riding a new bike! :D

Comments

• robertsims
    robertsims Posts: 141
    Will second that, never had anything but superb service of them, instore, on the phone or via email. Always helpful and highly recommended
    Triban 3
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    You had a new bike and all they done is repair it as they should.It,s amazing how we have got to a state of affairs
    where we get excited about something that is,in effect,what you paid for.
    Its good service for sure and your happy which is great,but this should be the norm not the exception.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • pinarellokid
    pinarellokid Posts: 1,208
    thats the world we live in though isnt it,!! well done Decathlon
    Specialized S Works SL2 . Campagnolo Record 11spd. rolling on Campag Zonda wheels

http://app.strava.com/athletes/881211
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    elderone wrote:
    You had a new bike and all they done is repair it as they should.It,s amazing how we have got to a state of affairs
    Its good service for sure and your happy which is great,but this should be the norm not the exception.

yeah most would agree with that however there's another thread on here about a halfords store that took a bike in for two days for a mere spoke change - only then to tell the owner that that didnt have any spokes in stock - shocking service!!!

so fair play to decathlon!
  • goffski
    goffski Posts: 72
    elderone wrote:

Yes thats true (maybe not the bit about getting excited!), but not many places drop what they're doing and get to work on it right away, he was about to sort it there and then but i had to get back to work.

Also the 2 year warranty, is that the norn with all new bikes? I just expected 1 years warranty.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    All goods have a two year warranty here. Perhaps it is because Decathlon are a French company.

My nearest Decathlon burnt down last year, which may affect their warranties :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • elderone wrote:

I think doing it that quickly and without waiting for a part to be sent qualifies as good service.

I've only heard good things about Decathlon from others.

But I've never been there. I've had friends pick up stuff for me. I've bought through the post. I did have one wobbly experience when their tracking system went wobbly and listed my item as already delivered and signed for within minutes of my order. But they replied to my enquiry very quickly with the correct data and all was good in the end.