If you use reading glasses, read on...

pak-man
pak-man Posts: 76
edited March 2013 in Road buying advice
I need reading glasses and, through this forum, was alerted to these:

http://www.highonbikes.com/clothing/sun ... turer=1591

Bought a pair of the Dual Q9's because I needed them for a trek I was doing through the Sahara, and they worked flawlessly. Back from that yesterday, I wore them on my bike for the first time today and they were very good - it was nice to quickly see my Garmin clearly! I expect I'll also be buying a pair of the sports glasses with interchangeable lenses specifically for my bike at some point in the next few months.

Not the cheapest but also not the most expensive, service from Highonbikes was uneventful (so good), so I thought I'd pass on the recommendation to others.

Cheers
Paul

Comments

• dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    Looks useful.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    I've got my blurry eyes on a pair of these as well. Just have to stop in at a shop along my weekend ride to try them on. Thanks for posting your experience with these. Wow you folks in the UK are paying about 30% more than what they sell for in the States. You can purchase them from their US site http://www.dualeyewear.com/sunglasses.html or they usually have them on US Amazon and a few internet shops. Of course customs and shipping may even the price out but worth a look.
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    I've been using these for a year now, SL2 Model, bought them direct from Dual in the States. Brilliant, best bit of kit I've bought.

Clear and smoked lenses. Work perfectly. Highly recommended.

PS just noticed that High On Bike don't sell the clear lenses. Mistake, in my opinion, as I wear mine all year round, including gloomy, winter rides.
  • pak-man
    pak-man Posts: 76
    Crankycrank - I spotted that too but, once shipping was added, it was cheaper for me to get from the UK. Maybe I need a trip to the US to buy a pair without the shipping!
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    PAK-MAN wrote:
    Crankycrank - I spotted that too but, once shipping was added, it was cheaper for me to get from the UK. Maybe I need a trip to the US to buy a pair without the shipping!
    Yes, why not a quick ride around the country while shopping for the best price. 8)
  • careful
    careful Posts: 720
    Just got a pair of Q9s from highonbikes. Superb - solves both of my eyesight problems in one hit:
    1 inability to read my Garmin and
    2 sore eyes in cold windy weather.

It would be nice to have clear lenses too, but the grey tints are ok even in the present gloom. I probably would have been wary of them without a recommendation so thanks pak-man.
  • Diamant49
    Diamant49 Posts: 101
    proto wrote:
    I've been using these for a year now, SL2 Model, bought them direct from Dual in the States. Brilliant, best bit of kit I've bought.

Clear and smoked lenses. Work perfectly. Highly recommended.

PS just noticed that High On Bike don't sell the clear lenses. Mistake, in my opinion, as I wear mine all year round, including gloomy, winter rides.

These look great and High on Bikes are great too (bought quite a few things from them), so I will give them a go - would be really useful to be able to read a map or see my mobile clearly!

Just to note that High on Bikes do offer the clear lenses, if you select the spare lenses, clear is one of the options.