overshoes for specialized expert bg

rich222
rich222 Posts: 56
edited March 2013 in Road buying advice
Hi

what overshoes have you guys been using with the above shoes? just picked some up in size 44, but wondering what size overshoe will fit it? does the tightening disc get in the way meaning a larger size?

looking at getting some bbb overshoes.

any help would be great thanks

Comments

• rich222
    Nobody use those shoes with overshoes?!
  • bruceman
    bruceman Posts: 25
    I have the expert bg's but with velcro, not disc, and use Tarmac Pro npu+ overshoes. This is my second winter using them and they are fantastic with no adverse wear. I can't see them being a problem fitting over your tightening disc as there is sufficient 'stretch' in the neoprene. For warmth and comfort I really can't fault them. Just ensure that when you put them on you help guide the overshoe over the disc with your fingers (i.e. don't just drag them on).

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... hoes-44414

http://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/images ... Road10.jpg
    Cooper Sebring 2014 + Ugo wheels + shiny metal bits
    Spesh Allez 2013 + Ugo wheels + lightweight black bits
    Genesis High Latitude MTB + muddy bits
  • rich222
    Cool, thanks for the tips! Was concerned about getting them over the discs. How does sizing work on overshoes? Mine are a 44 shoe so do you get that size overshoe or go larger than the matched size
  • KINGGARY
    KINGGARY Posts: 89
    I've got a pair of these and used DHB overshoes, you do need to make sure you stretch them over the dial while putting them on otherwise it pulls the release!
    Once they are on however there are no issues.
  • bruceman
    bruceman Posts: 25
    Regarding overshoe size, my road shoes are 45 and my overshoes XXL as recommended for 44-47 size shoes in their sizing guide.

When I first bought mine, I selected the XL size at the checkout (for 42-44) by mistake and they were very very tight (albeit on my 45's), hence I sent them back and got the XXL. Considering how tight the smaller size was, I'd suggest that you buy the larger XXL size as your shoes overlap their XL and XXL size guide. Believe me, they'll still be snug!
    Cooper Sebring 2014 + Ugo wheels + shiny metal bits
    Spesh Allez 2013 + Ugo wheels + lightweight black bits
    Genesis High Latitude MTB + muddy bits