Giant Trance x5

matthew_fellows
matthew_fellows Posts: 14
edited March 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
i have had this bike around 3 years now i think and my seat quick release needs replacing. does anyone know what size i need to buy? also i have some handle bars off my old bike i was going to put on this and they are faer too small to fit the steam, i thought they were all the same size!!!

Comments

• You're going to have to look.

There are 2 standards, standard and over sized.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Why does it need replacing? These things usually benefit from a strip, clean and grease.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • I bent the leaver cause it was a little stuck, looks like it is ready to snap and i dont fancy that.
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    You're going to have to look.

There are 2 standards, standard and over sized.

Err, just to clarify, he's refering to the bars/stem part there, not the first question.

Seatpost clamp is most likely 34.9mm, but that would need clarifying, assuming it's aluminium and the seatpost is 30.9mm or 31.6mm.

Handlebars is as above, sounds like you're trying to fit standard (which isn't really the standard anymore tragically) bars, in an oversize stem. If your stem is a similar length could you swap that across as well?
  • Yea i was mainly asking about the Seat Post. I will try the other handles bar and stem off the old bike on the weekend. i seem to be getting wrist issues all of a sudden with my bike.

Cheers guys :D
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    Good call. You seem to be trying the right stuff by swapping stems/bars and things, if you have any spacers under/over the stem you can raise/lower it a bit as well :) Moving the saddle backward/forward along it's rails can make a slight different to length as well.
  • yea did some saddle adjustments but didnt really do much, thats when i found out my QR is a bit past it :(
    Need to chop it down a bit too actually as it doesnt go down as far as i'd like it to for a bit of jump fun :)