Canyon Aeroad Di2 vs Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2

Gavin Cook
Gavin Cook Posts: 307
edited February 2013 in Road buying advice
Hi
I have decided to sell the Canyon CF Ultimate SLX I have now to part fund buying a Canyon Aeroad Di2 or Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2. Does anyone have any experience or info on how each one performs against each other. I had read articles etc saying that the Aeroad is not very stiff but my mate was talking to some Katusha riders the other week and they said it performs very well both climbing and on flat roads. I often see them out training this time of year and they are always using the Aeroad in the mountains.

Thanks
Gavin

Comments

• bisoner
    bisoner Posts: 171
    I've got an Aeroad. I did ride the old CF SLX too. Both were fitted with Dura Ace (non Di2).

The Aeroad definitely puts you in a more aggressive riding position. I don't find it uncomfortable on longer rides. I don't find the Aeroad lacks stiffness. I can hang in there on most sprints and enjoy climbing too. I'm sure Rodriguez of Katusha uses the Aeroad on all his rides and he is the punchy climber type!!

The old CF SLX was siffer - it was coupled with Mavic Elite wheels though and these are also known to be stiff as well. Position more upright. I found the handlebars more comfortable than the Aeroad.

Most of my riding is shorter faster stuff so I preferred the Aeroad - but I do like the new CF SLX so can see your dilemma. I can't see you being unhappy with either bike.

Hope this helps!!!
  • Thanks very much for the info ! It is a bit of a dilemma, I really like the ETE CF SLX and I imagine it will go well in the mountains.

Gavin
    bisoner wrote:
    I've got an Aeroad. I did ride the old CF SLX too. Both were fitted with Dura Ace (non Di2).

The Aeroad definitely puts you in a more aggressive riding position. I don't find it uncomfortable on longer rides. I don't find the Aeroad lacks stiffness. I can hang in there on most sprints and enjoy climbing too. I'm sure Rodriguez of Katusha uses the Aeroad on all his rides and he is the punchy climber type!!

The old CF SLX was siffer - it was coupled with Mavic Elite wheels though and these are also known to be stiff as well. Position more upright. I found the handlebars more comfortable than the Aeroad.

Most of my riding is shorter faster stuff so I preferred the Aeroad - but I do like the new CF SLX so can see your dilemma. I can't see you being unhappy with either bike.

Hope this helps!!!