Pro team kit

2»

Comments

• fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771

Liked the old Sky kit, but am a big fan and purchaser of Rapha kit anyway so when the new style Sky kit came out I was pleased that it had moved from good to looking really good.

Isn't the pro team stuff made by Moa/Nalini the same as last year, but with Rapha labels on now?
  • fluff. wrote:

Liked the old Sky kit, but am a big fan and purchaser of Rapha kit anyway so when the new style Sky kit came out I was pleased that it had moved from good to looking really good.

Isn't the pro team stuff made by Moa/Nalini the same as last year, but with Rapha labels on now?

Looks similar to be honest but the arms had addidas stripes, rear has changed panel and the logos have moved around, plus seems to be in a more shiny too.
    http://www.samewood.com/shopimg/201202/1329526729.jpg
    http://www.cycleboredom.com/wp-content/ ... ky-kit.jpg

Think it has more of a Rapha style to it though now, could easily be that Addidas and Rapha obtain their materials from the same factory but reading the latest from them its Italy and Columbia if I recall.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Gabbo
    Gabbo Posts: 864
    Prhymeate wrote:
    These 'rules' about wearing pro kit are ridiculous. So it's ok to walk down the street wearing a beckham shirt but god forbid you ever sit on your bike with a sky top! I don't have any pro kit but really, who cares if people wear them.
    The whole argument is a sad reflection on how arrogant the cycling community can be sometimes.

I disagree in part. I think it's just a sad reflection of how arrogant internet warriors are. They're all the same, be it football fans, gamer geeks, you name it!
  • I'm note the sort of person who would make a comment about a fellow rider wearing team kit either. However we live near some pro cycle & tri races & were out one day in a group of about 15 and one guy is in the full on sky replica kit & taking a bit of a ribbing for it but giving it back just as much. Going the other way was Ian Stannard in his genuine team kit & our team guy said he felt a little bit sheepish.

My take on it if you buy the top/shorts you'll soon look out of date & you might have someone ribbing you for it. You go out and buy the bike & the full on kit you look a bit of a tool TBH, but thats no different from a golfer going out and buying all the full copycat style kit it just looks a bit OTT.

But thats only my opinion and I would never have a go at someone if they did, it is after all their money & their choice.

Basically this.
    Prhymeate wrote:
    So it's ok to walk down the street wearing a beckham shirt .

Personally think that anyone over the age of 12 walking around the street in football kit looks a bit daft. As for the team kit argument, its different, the team kit is afterall a cycle jersey, it has 3 pockets on the back, its made of materials for cycling, ergo you shouldn't be ridiculed for wearing it on a BIKE. Fine by me, some of the jerseys look great. Personally, I own 2 jerseys, 1 long sleeve (Pro Bike Kit Own Jersey), and 1 short sleeve (Isle of Skye Whiskey) which tend to look like team inspired jerseys but aren't so popular around my way. Happy medium I think..........

But also this, to a degree.

I would think it a bit odd if someone (not under the age of 12) were playing football "seriously" in the full team strip, and I feel much the same way about cycling. In football there is of course a strong concept of 'supporting'; you wear the shirt because you support the team. If you wear it with your jeans and you're at the pub swilling as you watch the game, it doesn't look particularly odd. Clearly cycling has less of a 'spectator following' (i.e. fans who watch the sport but don't partake) than football does, or at least I would assume it does. With that in mind then, I would assume that if you do buy the kit, it's because you actually intend to use it for cycling, and unfortunately if you do that then you risk looking like - in your fantasy world - you are a member of the team. There's no wrong in that I suppose, but I wouldn't do it and I think it a little odd, particularly if you were obviously engaging in serious training.

Now, if the pub were to show cycling instead of football (if only...), that would be different. Not sure which team I would support though...
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    foud this thread via the search. Does anyone know how genuine the Bobshop.de kit is ? I'm a fan of Sagan and been to Slovakia loads of times so fancy getting the Cannondale Slovak kit. is this official as they seem to have a few kits like Cav Sky world champs and Nike Yellow Jerseys with team logos printed on them that you can't usually buy in the shops
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    sherer wrote:
    foud this thread via the search. Does anyone know how genuine the Bobshop.de kit is ? I'm a fan of Sagan and been to Slovakia loads of times so fancy getting the Cannondale Slovak kit. is this official as they seem to have a few kits like Cav Sky world champs and Nike Yellow Jerseys with team logos printed on them that you can't usually buy in the shops

I believe that site is legit as they also sell some actual pro team gear. Quite a few people on here recommend that site too.
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875