Anybody Doing the Rat Race Road Trip?

meanredspider
meanredspider Posts: 12,337
edited February 2013 in Commuting chat
London to Edinburgh in 4 days in the beginning of May (long weekend) - 100+ miles a day
London - Stamford - York - Morpeth - Edinburgh

I'm riding it for Teenage Cancer Trust. The last 50 miles looks to be by far the most challenging - all the way up to 1400ft

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2103045
ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH

Comments

• marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    I have done that lump the other way. It's quite a biggie, but I don't remember it being insane. It is a really beautiful part of the world as well.

Good luck with the ride, it will be great fun!
  • No - I'm sure it'll be fine (I do half that height to get home every night) - it's just funny that it's pretty much the last thing you do before arriving in Edinburgh.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    You'll be fine I am sure. At least it's pretty much downhill all the way after that!

Do you know how many people they have signed up so far? It'll be brilliant I am sure.
  • Yup - on the upside it will be a pleasant last few miles.

No idea how many people are signed up though accommodation (beyond the default camping) was a little challenging so I'm guessing a few.