Wheel builders

boogi11
boogi11 Posts: 354
edited February 2013 in Road general
Hi, are their any wheel builders that I can have a sensible conversation with, not sure if its worth upgrading but just like an honest chat

Comments

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Mavics
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Had a quick read of his blog.. not exactly blown away by his tubs argument anymore.. but at least I know that my best wheels will have Chris King R45 hubs on them.
  • Most likely you don't need an upgrade, but happy to have a chat if you want

Re.tubs... They are an unnecessary luxury these days... But if someone is on the market for the best, it is worth getting the best there is, rather than some compromise marketed as PRO material... If that makes sense
    left the forum March 2023
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    Mavics

+1. They are AWSOME!
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    smidsy wrote:
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    Mavics

+1. They are AWSOME!

Until your rims wear-out after the 5 years spares support period and you are left with expensive scrap? Check out the prices of spare Mavic rims too.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Monty Dog wrote:
    smidsy wrote:
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    Mavics

+1. They are AWSOME!

Until your rims wear-out after the 5 years spares support period and you are left with expensive scrap? Check out the prices of spare Mavic rims too.

I know, I was being ironic.

You need to read all the other (10000000000000000000000000) threads about wheel upgrades, then it makes sense.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • themekon
    themekon Posts: 197
    Monty Dog wrote:
    smidsy wrote:
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    Mavics

+1. They are AWSOME!

I think I would be quite happy with 5 years use out of a lightweight pair of wheels/rims.
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    ere we go again.......
  • smidsy wrote:
    Monty Dog wrote:
    smidsy wrote:
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    Mavics

+1. They are AWSOME!

I know, I was being ironic.

You need to read all the other (10000000000000000000000000) threads about wheel upgrades, then it makes sense.

Gimme 5 mins to read them & I'll be back :lol:
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.