MTB Edinburgh to Livingston

arrJimLad
arrJimLad Posts: 8
edited April 2013 in Routes
Hello, I was looking at a map and thinking it might be possible to offroad from Cramond to Livingston following the river Almond past the airport and then take the walkway over the Newbridge roundabout and onto the Ratho canal path around the EICA back onto the river Almond path and along to the Almondvale Park. No idea if there's paths the whole way or if they're cycleable, has anyone tried that or have other route suggestions ?

Comments

• Hi There,

I tried this while trying to create a nice little training route around Cramond/West Edinburgh area. I dropped down from Craigs Road, across the dual carraigeway, turned right down Cammo Walk, through Cammo estate, down the path at the rear of the estate which leads down to the riverside. Unfortunately on the city side of the river you get blocked at the back of the airport not far past the train bridge (Marked Gogar Burn on Google Maps). I have not got as far as trying the other side of the river yet. There is a footbridge just visible on google maps beside Riverside Road which allows you to cross the river but I have only ever turned right at that point along towards Cramond. I might try it out this summer as a good bit of the other side of the river looks like it is ridable.

If you find any nice routes through let me know :-D