Dogshit

2»

Comments

• GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    I'm so going to get a snipers' rifle. Imagine it, lying in the bushes waiting for a dog-turd offender (the owner, not the dog) to some along and sniping him/her when he/she walks away from a steaming pile. Head shots only, obviously!
  • Bustacapp
    Bustacapp Posts: 971
    GiantMike wrote:
    I'm so going to get a snipers' rifle. Imagine it, lying in the bushes waiting for a dog-turd offender (the owner, not the dog) to some along and sniping him/her when he/she walks away from a steaming pile. Head shots only, obviously!

Don't forget to dip the tip of the pellet in dogshit to increase chances of toxicara canis infection and eventual blindness! :mrgreen:
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    I saw some white dogshit on my way home the other night, proper nostalgia.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    someone wrote:
    Personally I object to children making a noise and upsetting me in public areas, I think they should be banned.

Or alternatively, dog owners need to keep their dogs under control, and cynophobics need to get over it.

Ah, the "equating dogs with children" defence (and let's not get on to the people who really seem to think they are their children for a moment). Children, in the fullness of time, will be funding our pensions and running the world when we're too old to be doing it. The continuous influx of them keeps our society going, as witness the countries where the birth rate's declining and the governments are going all out to get people to have more of them. Dogs, and indeed all other pets, have only one justification: the owner wanted one. The owner decided to get a dog, and it's now up to everyone else to put up with it. We all pay to have the dog bins emptied, we all use the places where they cr@p, we all have to hear them bark, and if it wants to put its filthy paws on me or anyone else we should be grateful and "it's just being friendly". Because you wanted a dog.

As for anyone who claims to be a "responsible dog owner" because they pick up after your pet. Having done that, would you happily rub your hands over the place you've picked up from? Because you're happy for anyone else to do it. Here's one way you can be "responsible": only go out when you're sure your pet has discharged all of its spotlessly clean $h!t and p!$$ in your garden (or in your house - because picking it up works so well). Or put a nappy on it - that's what responsible child owners do
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Giraffoto wrote:
    someone wrote:
    Personally I object to children making a noise and upsetting me in public areas, I think they should be banned.

Or alternatively, dog owners need to keep their dogs under control, and cynophobics need to get over it.

Ah, the "equating dogs with children" defence (and let's not get on to the people who really seem to think they are their children for a moment). Children, in the fullness of time, will be funding our pensions and running the world when we're too old to be doing it. The continuous influx of them keeps our society going, as witness the countries where the birth rate's declining and the governments are going all out to get people to have more of them. Dogs, and indeed all other pets, have only one justification: the owner wanted one. The owner decided to get a dog, and it's now up to everyone else to put up with it. We all pay to have the dog bins emptied, we all use the places where they cr@p, we all have to hear them bark, and if it wants to put its filthy paws on me or anyone else we should be grateful and "it's just being friendly". Because you wanted a dog.

As for anyone who claims to be a "responsible dog owner" because they pick up after your pet. Having done that, would you happily rub your hands over the place you've picked up from? Because you're happy for anyone else to do it. Here's one way you can be "responsible": only go out when you're sure your pet has discharged all of its spotlessly clean $h!t and p!$$ in your garden (or in your house - because picking it up works so well). Or put a nappy on it - that's what responsible child owners do
    OK, fair enough. Tell you what, let's eradicate all the insects in the world, and all the other wild animals too while we're at it...
  • Bustacapp
    Bustacapp Posts: 971
    bompington wrote:
    OK, fair enough. Tell you what, let's eradicate all the insects in the world, and all the other wild animals too while we're at it...

Wild animals and insects don't tend to leave epic lugs of vile canine excreta on the wheels of my sons pram. How about dog owners have their own fenced in area where they can wade in shite until the cows come home?
  • Giraffoto
    bompington wrote:
    Nope, still doesn't make a good comparison. Dogs are there because someone wanted a dog, so they got a dog. And now it's up to everyone else to put up with them. They're not part of the natural world. Insects are a vital part of the ecosystem - dogs aren't.
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Bustacapp wrote:
    bompington wrote:

Wild animals and insects don't tend to leave epic lugs of vile canine excreta on the wheels of my sons pram.
    Neither does my dog, and he doesn't vomit on your lunch before trampling in it and flying off to do the same to the next person's either.
    I am as opposed to inconsiderate dog-ownership as anyone, perhaps more so because I know how easy it actually is to clear up after your dog, but it's the cynophobes "eradicate all dogs" that seems a bit ridiculous to me.
    TBH I don't really have an answer for the dogshite offenders, I would be quite happy with them being put down humanely, but the dogs could be retrained easily enough.
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    Lagrange wrote:
    Pituophis wrote:
    :evil:
    In the mean time, could anyone tell me if sausage is a suitable bait, or is there anything the feckers like better? :wink:

Yes, Sodium Chlorate (if you can get it) inside it and / or broken up light bulb.

but be careful you dont get spotted doing it. it would be a terrible. terrible shame if you were hospitalised by a violent owner.

or maybe not?

Well it would really be a shame to me. Anyone know where you can get some polonium? ...well apart from that London restaurant that is.
  • themekon
    themekon Posts: 197
    Giraffoto wrote:
    someone wrote:

Ooh a bit touchy there. When dogs become a fraction as filthy as humans then I'll apologise for having one. Where do I start ?. Litter of all sorts, drug needles, human shit, empty booze bottles, broken glass,empty food containers, discarded food, mountains of waste,clean up payed for by the taxpayer. Not to mention air pollution, noise polution,aggressive driving/riding .
    What about those precious little children? Nearly all subsidised by the tax payer. Child benefits, working tax credits and all the other help along the way. People just want a child. If they cannot afford them they should not have them.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162
    themekon wrote:
    Ooh a bit touchy there. When dogs become a fraction as filthy as humans then I'll apologise for having one. Where do I start ?. Litter of all sorts, drug needles, human shoot, empty booze bottles, broken glass,empty food containers, discarded food, mountains of waste,clean up payed for by the taxpayer. Not to mention air pollution, noise polution,aggressive driving/riding .
    What about those precious little children? Nearly all subsidised by the tax payer. Child benefits, working tax credits and all the other help along the way. People just want a child. If they cannot afford them they should not have them.

Oh, you were doing so well until that last paragraph. If no-one had children who would pay the taxes to sustain things when the current adult population are no longer able to work? Who would carry out all the medical and social care required? But tax benefits etc. should only be paid for a maximum of two children.
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    The thing is, if I had any intention of poisoning/ killing dogs, I wouldn't come on a public forum and tell everyone about it first :roll:
    But I really do, genuinely object to people who think its perfectly acceptible to let their dogs sh*t outside my front door. Or anyone else'. Or on a playing field where someone elso might just discover it :cry:

I don't see how anyone, even a "passionate dog lover" could fail to be disgusted by coming into contact with someone else' dog sh*t?
    Probably the same sort of person who says " its not the breed, it's the owner" when someone else' child is mauled to death by a dog. Oh, that's alright then. :wink:

So, back to "what do we do with the owners" then?
  • Giraffoto
    themekon wrote:
    Ooh a bit touchy there.
    What you call "touchy" I call "aspiring to human standards of hygiene"
    themekon wrote:
    When dogs become a fraction as filthy as humans then I'll apologise for having one. Where do I start ?. Litter of all sorts, drug needles, human shoot, empty booze bottles, broken glass,empty food containers, discarded food, mountains of waste,clean up payed for by the taxpayer. Not to mention air pollution, noise polution,aggressive driving/riding
    The flaw with this argument is that they're the same deal. Some inconsiderate jerk wants to drop litter, we all have to just put up with it. Some inconsiderate jerk wants to pollute the air, we all have to just put up with it. Some inconsiderate jerk wants to own a dog, we all have to just put up with it. Dogs aren't separate from human bad behaviour, they're a symptom of one strand of it.
    I know how easy it actually is to clear up after your dog
    Really? To the extent you'd happily let your children put their hands where you've just "cleared up"? Not just anyone else's children but yours?
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    2 terms of Red nannying has meant that people are no longer willing to take responsibility for thier own actions, or that of thier dogs, because "it's not my job to clear it up".

When i get diagnosed with the terminal brain tumor, they will certainly be on the list for my game 'Suburban Sniper'.