My Saracen Mantra Pro

Motley13
Motley13 Posts: 89
edited February 2013 in Your mountain bikes
Im new here, well ive been lurking for a while but finally started to post now. I will admit i am abit of a noob when it comes to mountaining biking but ive always had a love of riding for years but i had gone off it in the last year or 2. After i failed my medical for the RAF i have decided to get back into biking to get fit lose and some weight and to just have fun. Thought id post up my bikes while here.

First is my pride and joy, my Saracen Mantra Pro or as i call it "Daisy" . Its the first bike ive ever bought with my own money and i will admit im in love with it. I know its may not be the best bike ever but you have to start somewhere dont you? At the moment its all stock but i have some DMR pedals and some grips on the way to start improving it. Any tips on where else to start improving it at all??

DSCF0280.jpg

Ive only got the one picture atm but i will get more next chance i have which will most likle be Thursday.

Thanks,
Tom

Comments

• chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    has you brake cable unclipped from the fork brace ? looks a bit flappy there, nice looking bike though :D
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • I can see what you mean but i know the brakes are all okay, might just have knocked the brake cables while giving it a quick wash :)
  • naffa
    naffa Posts: 126
    My first proper mtb was a Saracen so I have a real soft spot for them. Something I've come to realise is that it doesn't matter what you ride as long as you like it and enjoy it. :)
    Cheers Nathan.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Far from being a bad first bike, get out there and enjoy it, just remember to keep on top of the preventative maintenance, well worth it in the long run!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.