handtec purchases

elderone
elderone Posts: 1,410
edited April 2013 in Road buying advice
Handtec seem the cheapest for a garmin 500 but before buying just want to check if anyone else has used this site and is it ok to buy from.
thanks
Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Handtec are always mentioned when people are asking where to buy Garmins from. I've had no problems with their service, the only downside I've found is they use CityLink as their couriers.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    +1 good service. No issues here.

The only point is that with the latest Garmins coming out there should be some decent discounts on the 500 popping up, so maybe worth waiting?
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • daviegb
    daviegb Posts: 126
    I bought my Garmin Edge 500 from Handtec a couple of years ago - easy to deal with. I will be using them again when I upgrade to an 800.
  • Wiggle will usually price match with them if you prefer.
  • Got my 800 from them, no issues.
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    cheers lads,they sound ok to order.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • I recently bought a 910XT from them - open box. I paid £240 for it with HRM and it was mint when it arrived. Quick delivery too.
  • Hi maddog, when are these new models due out?

I'm looking at the 500 too, was riding home the other day when I looked down and saw my cateye head unit had come off. Was just half a mile from work but no luck finding it when re traced steps so considering getting the 500 as a replacement/upgrade.
  • mitchgixer6
    mitchgixer6 Posts: 729
    I think the 501 is just out within the last few days.
  • Thanks, new one looks sharp but on a budget so might try get a deal on the 500.
  • yes bought a Garmin oregon from them no issues and were the cheapest, however i have just ordered a Garmin edge 200 (2hours ago) and found amazon £20 cheaper.
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Thought they'd be ok but after placing the order they asked for me to send through a photo of my driving licence to confirm security. I thought it was a bit weird, but first order, so fair enough. Took the picture and emailed straight back to them. No response at all, phoned them this morning and the guy was manually forwarding it to the security team "as the billing address didn't match the card registered address" (which isn't true)

Anyway, upshot is, next day delivery doesn't work if it's going to take them over a day to do the admin. Cancelled the order as it's not much use to me if it turns up on my way to the airport...
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...