Which New Bars and Forks

plumb71
plumb71 Posts: 33
edited February 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi, looking to upgrade my bars and forks, on a rockrider 6.3 have a budget of £250.00 not a lot i know, but does anyone have any sugestions?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    What forks are on at the moment.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    As CD says, what's on it at the moment? But for £250, you could get some RS Recon Golds, or some Rebas if you're lucky!
  • cooldad wrote:
    What forks are on at the moment.
    Suntour XCM Coil with lock out
  • cooldad
    What Greer said then.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • I have some Reba teams on my 6.3, feel fantastic. I also run some Sunline V1 bars, 2 inch rise with a Sunliine 60mm stem which has made for a nice combination
  • For bars - I've just picked up some Answer Pro Taper 720 AM from CRC in the sale, bargain at under £30.
    Commencal Meta AM
    Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I have some Reba teams on my 6.3, feel fantastic. I also run some Sunline V1 bars, 2 inch rise with a Sunliine 60mm stem which has made for a nice combination

2 Inch rise must be virtually a BMX bar :shock:
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    H?ow about rigis carbon forks. That what going on mine. Carbon cycles have them for just under £100. For bars I have just got the Thomson all montain and I really like them. So £250 would buy you the Thomson bars and a carbon fork. Much lightlness and comfort should be fine depending on the terrain you are covering.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • cooldad
    H?ow about rigis carbon forks. That what going on mine. Carbon cycles have them for just under £100. For bars I have just got the Thomson all montain and I really like them. So £250 would buy you the Thomson bars and a carbon fork. Much lightlness and comfort should be fine depending on the terrain you are covering.
    A rigid fork on a full sus? Seriously?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Won't that be rigid forks on a rear sus....(or will it be a 'hardfront')....either way I hope cycleclinic hadn't realised it was an FSer.....there again maybe he did (past history)....

RS Recon gold or Reba would be my vote.

Bars - what's wrong with what you have now? less rise, more rise, wider (shorter stem?), narrower (longer stem), bars are only an upgrade if they improve the bike, otherwise they are 'bling'.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    Buying AM bars and a rigid forks doesn't make sense to me either.
  • 2 Inch rise must be virtually a BMX bar :shock:

I'm not sure why I put 2", they are 38mm!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    1.5" then! Either way, bars are a personal choice and what is good for one, isn't for another - personally I wouldn't touch Sunline V'1 with the usual pole...
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.