I Blame Wiggle

Silly Old Hector
Silly Old Hector Posts: 573
edited February 2013 in Road general
Ha Ha !

Posted my first product review on Wiggle, but didn't read the "guidelines" (stick to the product, not the service).

Unfortunately, as I was lightly slagging Wiggle off (not the product), the review got rejected.

Bit like eBay - not allowed to tell the truth about your buying experience. 1984 here we come.......

:roll:
All the gear, but no idea...

Comments

• SpainSte
    SpainSte Posts: 181
    Could be worse, you could have ordered something from tredz.co.uk.

Ordered on boxing day, still not received despite the item being in stock. I gave up weeks ago. Never use them. Ever.
  • nick1972
    nick1972 Posts: 144
    I always end up cancelling my orders from Tredz, they always seem to take ages delivering anything. I wouldn't use them again...
  • TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    Cool story.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    I ordered a new frame from a shop in Bristol in 1990, still haven't received it.
  • Ha Ha !

Posted my first product review on Wiggle, but didn't read the "guidelines" (stick to the product, not the service).

Unfortunately, as I was lightly slagging Wiggle off (not the product), the review got rejected.

Bit like eBay - not allowed to tell the truth about your buying experience. 1984 here we come.......

:roll:

TBH, I can't blame Wiggle for not wanting to host negative publicity about their business. Product reviews are about the product. It's not very helpful when you go on the likes of Amazon and see something has only 3 stars because one of the reviewers wasn't happy with Royal Mail or such like. As you say, telling "the truth about the buying experience" is not what a product review is about - use Revoo or something for that.
  • Nick1972 wrote:
    I always end up cancelling my orders from Tredz, they always seem to take ages delivering anything. I wouldn't use them again...
    I've ordered a few bits from Tredz and never had an issue (touch wood)
  • nothing with tredz, order a fair few things all came in good time.

same goes for wiggle. the return service is great tho!
    Road - Cannondale CAAD 8 - 7.8kg
    Road - Chinese Carbon Diablo - 6.4kg
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Agree with Mr Pig above. If I read a product review it's because I want to know what other punters feel about the product, not about Wiggle's approach to customer service or their occasional lapses in stock control & despatch.

Maybe Wiggle take the same view, hence their rejection of your appraisal of their service.
  • I know people knock wiggle for whatever reason, but generally I think they are OK. The product reviews I think are good as they too have stopped one of my reviews and I can see why as I was not being brilliant about them, but I have since learnt my mistake and just stuck to the product only.

The only issue I now have is the product review that starts "Great item, not used it yet............" WTF wiggle if your listening please ban these peoples reviews, but do send them a nice email voucher and point out they can't review something they have not used.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • I have never had a problem with Tredz or Wiggle (and I order lots of stuff from them - Wiggle in particular).