London - Surrey 100

roadiesean
roadiesean Posts: 577
edited February 2013 in Road general
So I've won a slot on the LS100 part of Ride London which I was chuffed about until I realised that :-

1. It was £48 to enter !
2. You have to go to the Olympic Park the day before the ride to collect your start number and timing chip.

Who else thinks that this is scandalously cheap ? £48 for a ride, plus £27 for a Travelcard to collect the stuff they should be sticking in an envelope and posting to you (and a day off work), plus another £27 for a Travelcard to get to the bloody ride. Over £100 to ride on a sportive ?? Seems very bloody expensive. :evil: :evil:

Can someone please sell me on the value of this ? I was really excited until I realised all this.

And how in Gods name can someone not in London do this ride having to come down twice in 24 hours ?? ?

Incredible !

Comments

• Stop moaning.!!! at least you got a place.
    Specialized S Works SL2 . Campagnolo Record 11spd. rolling on Campag Zonda wheels

http://app.strava.com/athletes/881211
  • Gabbo
    Gabbo Posts: 864
    You don't even sound remotely happy about being picked to participate.

Sell to someone who would appreciate it :)
  • Second time you've tried to start this thread no? Here's an idea...don't enter ;-)
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    Sure i've read this moan somewhere before :D
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    I'll take the spot if you don't want it...
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Why don't you reply to responses in your original post instead of giving birth to it's twin?
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    So you thought it was a freebie??? WTF?

Also 20000 people you really thought we'd all be able to turn up on the day and register??

Reality check required.

£48 to be able to ride traffic free through London and out to the Surrey Hills is a bargain imo.