Big thumbs up for United Airlines

VTech
VTech Posts: 4,736
edited February 2013 in Road general
I flew with united airlines this past weekend and had my carry on, case and bike case which I was worried about as its the first time ive transported one. They checked my case, tagged my carry on and allowed me to check the bike case on the walkway allowing me to get it back on arrival. Im not sure if this is the norm with carriers but I did feel reassured that it would arrive in a better condition and when opened it was inside and intact. 8)
Living MY dream.

Comments

• VTech wrote:
    I flew with united airlines this past weekend and had my carry on, case and bike case which I was worried about as its the first time ive transported one. They checked my case, tagged my carry on and allowed me to check the bike case on the walkway allowing me to get it back on arrival. Im not sure if this is the norm with carriers but I did feel reassured that it would arrive in a better condition and when opened it was inside and intact. 8)

Well, taking wonderful care of your bike compensates somewhat for them being the world's worst airline for carrying live human beings. Being on one of their planes is like being in a f*****g gulag. Utterly miserable experience. I flew back from Washington DC recently and had to take the armrest apart and re-wire the headphone jack rather than face 9 hours of static unaulterated misery, licking my knees, eating wallpaper paste and paying $10 for a beer.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Well, taking wonderful care of your bike compensates somewhat for them being the world's worst airline for carrying live human beings. Being on one of their planes is like being in a f*****g gulag. Utterly miserable experience. I flew back from Washington DC recently and had to take the armrest apart and re-wire the headphone jack rather than face 9 hours of static unaulterated misery, licking my knees, eating wallpaper paste and paying $10 for a beer.

Yes, business class has deteriorated somewhat.
  • I'm with Fursty Ferret on this one. United are in the same league as that other extension of the extra-ordinary rendition policy called American Airlines!
    Allez Triple (hairy with mudguards) - FCN 4
    Ribble Gran Fondo
  • All American airlines are awful, from united airlines to delta... i wouldn't fly with any! (learn't my mistake flying with Delta twice, never again)
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    The issue I have is to fly to the USA from Birmingham I only have one option so for a quick 7 hour hop I use UA. If I'm goin central or west side I go from London with Virgin so I don't have to transfer.
    I think if you have ever traveled Singapore or emirates you will never be happy elsewhere.
    Living MY dream.