DHB r2.0 wiggle

triban
triban Posts: 149
edited November 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi all...

Does anyone have any experience with the dhb r2.0 road shoes from wiggle.co.uk?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-r20c-carbon-road-cycling-shoe

they're the ones with the carbon sole... looks like a lot of shoe for the money.

i only have triathlon shoes atm, and they have some flexibilty in them so i'm thinking they'd be a big improvement for me.

thanks.

Comments

• styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    They might be a big improvement if they fit well.

If they don't fit well then they're next to useless.

Try some on?
  • triban
    triban Posts: 149
    Hi styxd, i think will try them on... its just a pain with online stores!

i've never ordered shoes of any type online, but my LBS doesn't stock many options, especially not in my price range.

sorry, i know it seems like a stupid question, but i'm a noob and not really sure what i should be looking out for.

thanks
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Fit is key. Try some on in your LBS, you don't need to buy them.

Or order some shoes from different manufacturers, I'm pretty sure you can send the ones back that dont fit free of charge.

It can be difficult to know without actually trying them on the bike though.

Perhaps look second hand? At least if you try them on the bike and they dont feel comfy for you then you can sell them on at no loss.
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    These shoes no longer are available. Is it likely that wiggle will bring them out again after winter?
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • They've been unavailable for a while now- I tried to find them when I was looking at other carbon shoes back in June and they weren't available then. There were a few on ebay (for the same price or more than they used to) but I wouldn't hold your breath of them coming back any time soon.

If you really are interested it might be worth giving their customer services an e-mail to see if they are likely to be bringing them out again or working on a replacement.