identifying fork and frame HELP please

alieboyj
alieboyj Posts: 3
edited March 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, i have this bike in my garage. Unknown History, basically if anybody can guide me as to its make or model. secondly, are the forks actual 'bomber' as in Marzocchi forks. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    from the images provided.

a no name frame and a no name fork.

TBH very hard to see anything from your pics.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Pretty sure those forks are cheap Suntour's, I have a pair of near identical lowers in the shed right now....definately not Bombers.

Frame as clearly been resprayed so could be anything underneath!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Looks stolen if you ask me. (not saying you stole it) The paint job looks really bad. I bought a stolen GT for £10 and it had a similar paint job LOLOL except much worse. I reckon you should take more pictures from a little further away.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    At first glance I thought it could be a cove stiffee.
  • cobba
    cobba Posts: 282
    Probably a Weifeng WF-191DH fork.
  • pesky_jones
    Actually looks a lot like a diamondback d10. Blatantly stolen
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I've bought resprayed frames that weren't stolen, the paint underneath was just wrecked.....why is matt black so common though? Paint cheaper?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • pesky_jones
    I've bought resprayed frames that weren't stolen, the paint underneath was just wrecked.....why is matt black so common though? Paint cheaper?

It probally is cheaper. It is also the best colour for covering up everything undeneath