For those that can be bothered to engage with partisan loons

2»

Comments

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,646
    I've always found those who are, and in particular broadcast the fact that they are, members of MENSA suffer from deep seated insecurites. Bed wetters, I say

Dude - you aren't that special. If you are on a bus of 100 people, 5-10 of them would qualify. Far fewer would be bed wetters. You should put that on your CV.
  • bushu
    bushu Posts: 711
    Can't we just burn these clowns as they will never let our race evolve and surely as they would put it,
    everyone would die if we leave em be..
  • jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    daviesee wrote:
    From one of his other blogs:-

"One steaming hot day, stuck at roadworks I watched men in that heat laying a new road surface. A brazier nearby and all covered in black sticky tarmac they were spreading over a hot road. Not a woman in sight. So basically compared to a man's life a woman's is a doddle."
    I'd like to see this dinosaur give birth to twins... ;) It's quite sad to get to 73 and be so out of tune with the times; best to ignore him online, since he's not open to rational arguments. I feel sorry for the family who have to put up with the rants of Grandpa Crazy.
  • anton1r
    anton1r Posts: 272
    The guy's gotta be trolling... surely...
    "I have a plan, a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a fox." (from the Blackadder TV series)
  • jamesco wrote:
    daviesee wrote:
    From one of his other blogs:-

"One steaming hot day, stuck at roadworks I watched men in that heat laying a new road surface. A brazier nearby and all covered in black sticky tarmac they were spreading over a hot road. Not a woman in sight. So basically compared to a man's life a woman's is a doddle."
    I'd like to see this dinosaur give birth to twins... ;) It's quite sad to get to 73 and be so out of tune with the times; best to ignore him online, since he's not open to rational arguments. I feel sorry for the family who have to put up with the rants of Grandpa Crazy.

I suppose you could point out that if he was riding a bike he wouldn't be stuck in traffic?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Dude - you aren't that special. If you are on a bus of 100 people, 5-10 of them would qualify.

Surely an intelligent person wouldn't be on the bus in the first place? :wink:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • I like this below response ...

I suspect horse riders where opposing to the cars in a similar way as drivers do to the cycles. Its called evolution baby. Cars would be soon obsolete.
    Cars are expensive they damage our environment and for short journeys are not necessary at all. People use them because they are lazy and later they fitness goes downhill and they require medical attention sooner then cyclist also they spend more time OOO ill then cyclists making them way less productive to society.
    More and more companies are turning their attention to cycling as a method of transport + to keep work force healthy and happy (cycling helps people with depression as well - medically proven).

People turn to cars more often the more they reject contacts with society in the isolation of their metal boxes, drivers are aggressive towards other drivers and selfish wanting to kill if someone take their parking space or over take them ... how is that helping everyone else?

I am not sure what kind of society we are trying to have here but cycling is a social event for many while driving is not.

all this here looks like trolling ...
  • btw I am happy to stop riding my bicycle on the road

right after I stop paying a road tax and only ONLY I say drivers will.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    Anti podean?
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    I was so tempted to bite at his trawling but fortunately I can't as I don't have the right type of account to do so.

If I had, I would have posted something like this:-
    All drivers should be aware of how to pass cyclists on the road as it is clearly stated in the Highway Code. Drivers who have passed the Advanced course should be even more aware of it. Basically, if a cyclist can touch a vehicle then the vehicle is too close and driving dangerously.
    It is the responsibility of the person making the pass to do so safely and legally, it is never the responsibility of the person being passed, regardless of the method of transport.

Summary - If everyone obeys the Highway code, no-one gets hurt. Simple and fact.

Now, if someone could perfect that and post it, that would be nice. :D
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.