new member new bike help

keith81
keith81 Posts: 4
edited February 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi everyone niceto be a member of a great forum .
Im currently after buying a full sus bike for trail centres and the like .Been offered a specalized camber elite and an expert 2012 both £1300 i know the expert is better specced so was hoping to negotiate but was wondering if anybody has any other recomendations .

Thanks for any help Keith.

Comments

• You could look at a Canyon or Giant Trance x2 or x3 (2011 or 12) from Paul's Cyles, but the Camber Expert sounds a good choice to me and that sounds like a good price. I's it new?
  • A mate of mine has the Camber Comp which is the basic model. It rides well but the suspension is pretty basic. The Expert has a way better spec so should be a good buy. What youve got ask yourself is...is 120mm travel going to be enough?
    Lets Ride!!
    Merida 96 26er
    Stumpjumper FSR 26er
  • android125 wrote:
    A mate of mine has the Camber Comp which is the basic model. It rides well but the suspension is pretty basic. The Expert has a way better spec so should be a good buy. What youve got ask yourself is...is 120mm travel going to be enough?

why wouldn't it be?
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    120 Is more than enough fr any trail centre. Geometry counts for a lot more than suspension travel.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    As I cope with the few trail centres I've done just fine on a 100mm HT, why would a 120mm FS not cope?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.