Another Hero Disgraces Themself

Pross
Pross Posts: 40,483
edited February 2013 in Pro race
Yes, one of the few I have left and it's way worse than a bit of EPO. Big Maggy is becoming a triantelope. say it ain't so Magnus :shock: :(;)

Comments

• calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    I'm not sure our Welsh tarmac is up to Big M running.

Strava is not Zen.
  • When Maggy dives in for the swim leg, I want to know so that I can make sure I'm on another continent

Tidalwaves....
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    I demand a Truth and Reconcilliation Commission.

I wish to beg the mercy of the court in admitting that I once did a triathlon - it was only a small one and just the once. I'm willing to name others who did it.

(PS I must be the worst swimmer in South Wales)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Jesus. I mean, hockey's one thing (might have played myself in the distant past), but tri-tardness is a whole different bag of adders....

Was it for charidee?

:)
  • RichN95.
    I will confess the full details in an emotional two part interview with Alan Titchmarsh
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Oof. Gardening fences to be mended? Or an indiscretion of a more urban nature?
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    *Throws away Big Maggy's coffees in disgust*
  • lemon63
    lemon63 Posts: 253
    from his twitter, his new wheels;
    #allrightforsome #freebies #jealousasf**k

BDz3k5PCIAAKpPi.jpg
  • Pross
    I'm just glad he's lost some weight, his ToB body in a triantelope leotard is too bad to even consider!

Seriously though he's been putting in some epic training ridea recently and it's great to see him back riding. I can see it getting his wife's competitive side going and her making a proper comeback too as she did a bit of cross in the winter.
  • Pross
    lemon63 wrote:
    from his twitter, his new wheels;
    #allrightforsome #freebies #jealousasf**k

BDz3k5PCIAAKpPi.jpg

That's nearly as bad as the Maggy in a trisuit image!
  • Bars look a bit short! :shock:
  • Pross
    Bars look a bit short! :shock:

I think they need to be that long as it appears to be a kids bike with 600c wheels!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 wrote:
    I will confess the full details in an emotional two part interview with Alan Titchmarsh

People don't seem to be interested in my revelations, so I will put some teasers out there.

1. I can 'out' two people properly involved in British cycling as hockey players - I know because I have played with both of them

2. I can tell a tale about friends of mine doing a certain drug with a genuine name sportsman who got off a charge for taking that certain drug..

3. I stole a really nice Leffe glass from the pub I was in. I think I deserved having it.

Truth and reconcilliation bitches. Ask me about any of this under oath and you'll get nothing.

I demand reconcilliation though. Or at least some PTP points.

I want at least a slot on late afternoon TV for this. Maybe the Chinese One Show. At a push Alan Carr. Otherwise, you'll hear nothing of it
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Why is he called 'Big' Maggy? I saw him last year at LMNH during the TdF (ES were broadcasting from there) and he's tall but he's not huge. One presumes he must be possessive of size in other ways. Care to comment Pross? ;)
  • Pross
    I know of no other reason but I'm sure those trisuits don't hide many secrets.

Seriously though I was chatting to him for quite a while recently (really nice bloke( and for a pro cycliat he is f*****g huge, I'm big for a 4th cat amateur and he was taller and broader than me. How he dragged himself through GT mountain stages I'll never know!
  • I agree it is a disgrace.

Like this shot though:
    mathot.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    I agree it is a disgrace.

Like this shot though:
    mathot.jpg

Christ, Maggy is lookin' good!! Think he's grown his hair too; think I might head off to Newport track and hook up. ;)

Now this is classy; the Hoff of modern Tri.
    _B099415_2_3-1.jpg
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • I'm sure I've said this before, but I did a Premier Calender in Blackpool years ago that he was in and he pretty much destroyed the entire field singlehandedly once he got on the front and this was a pan flat race. An animal.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Why is he called 'Big' Maggy? I saw him last year at LMNH during the TdF (ES were broadcasting from there) and he's tall but he's not huge. One presumes he must be possessive of size in other ways. Care to comment Pross? ;)

In that case, why Big George then?
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    lemon63 wrote:
    BDz3k5PCIAAKpPi.jpg

It will be easy to find in transition.
  • Why is he called 'Big' Maggy? I saw him last year at LMNH during the TdF (ES were broadcasting from there) and he's tall but he's not huge. One presumes he must be possessive of size in other ways. Care to comment Pross? ;)

In that case, why Big George then?

This might be why his big varicose veins.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • There was no need for that. Feel ill now!
  • There was no need for that. Feel ill now!

You did ask though! :lol:
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • You did ask though! :lol:

You could have just told me, no need for the photo!
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I saw Magnus in Dublin when the Tour started in 98. He looked HUuUUUUuuUUGe then. But he was standing on the hotel steps and had gelled his hair up too. Oh and Boardman was next to him and he's not the tallest.
  • You did ask though! :lol:

You could have just told me, no need for the photo!

To be fair its only what you would have seen on TV watching him race :P
  • Pross wrote:
    Yes, one of the few I have left and it's way worse than a bit of EPO. Big Maggy is becoming a triantelope. say it ain't so Magnus :shock: :(;)

Feel I owe you an apology as I mentioned it in another thread - viewtopic.php?f=40040&t=12904074

Hang my head in shame :oops: But I race bikes, triathlons, duathlons & am starting this year TT's also sorry if I made anyone feel :cry: :evil: :twisted: :?
  • Magnus is my size, almost exactly. But with slightly more cycling talent.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris