This makes me want to vom! (Don't watch if you fear heights)

Comments

• smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    First person looks almost ginger so no loss to society
  • Gabbo
    Gabbo Posts: 864
    First person looks almost ginger so no loss to society

Isla Fisher isn't bad for someone who is 'almost ginger' :)

Definitely-Maybe-isla-fisher-775506_1200_1842.jpg
  • This is very, very high (and makes me feel rough as)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A_h2AjJaMw
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    ^^^ :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Could not watch for more than 3 minutes.
  • Gabbo
    johnfinch wrote:

I couldn't even watch for that long! I'm scared of heights as it is, but free climbing?!!
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    This is very, very high (and makes me feel rough as)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A_h2AjJaMw
    Exactly what came to my mind! :shock:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Gabbo wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

I couldn't even watch for that long! I'm scared of heights as it is, but free climbing?!!
    I watched the whole thing, but my hands were sweating :)
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • Just watched the transmission tower video, palms are all sweaty and my hearts racing!!
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • When I saw a thread entitled "This makes me want to vom!" I thought 'I don't want to watch that then' and didn't click on the link. When you added the "(Don't watch if you fear heights)" I thought 'I bet I know what that is', and I wasn't far wrong (I actually thought it was going to be the mast climbing video).

I'd probably be happy doing either. No fear of heights here.
  • I have no fear of heights. Falling and hitting the ground scares me though.
  • Gabbo
    When I saw a thread entitled "This makes me want to vom!" I thought 'I don't want to watch that then' and didn't click on the link. When you added the "(Don't watch if you fear heights)" I thought 'I bet I know what that is', and I wasn't far wrong (I actually thought it was going to be the mast climbing video).

You would be happy to free climb at an elevation over 1000ft?!!

Just to note, if he doesn't have a parachute then that is really shitty!
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Pah! He's on a ladder for most of it and clipped in. The only issue is fear of heights.
  • Garry H
    Gabbo wrote:
    When I saw a thread entitled "This makes me want to vom!" I thought 'I don't want to watch that then' and didn't click on the link. When you added the "(Don't watch if you fear heights)" I thought 'I bet I know what that is', and I wasn't far wrong (I actually thought it was going to be the mast climbing video).

You would be happy to free climb at an elevation over 1000ft?!!

Just to note, if he doesn't have a parachute then that is really sh!tty!
    How elsexwould he climb it?

What's the strucrture in the first video?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Does anyone else get a really not pleasant tingling in their feet when they watch things like that?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • finchy
    Garry H wrote:
    Pah! He's on a ladder for most of it and clipped in. The only issue is fear of heights.

The scary parts are when isn't clipped in and he's over 1000 feet up and one slip or one massive gust of wind could lead to him falling to his death. That's the thought that makes my stomach churn.

"more fatalities per 100,000 workers than any other job in the U.S. according to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)"

http://www.cosmoloan.com/international- ... world.html
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    Same tower with an even crazier guy (also very skilled!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mozYoPICQJE

There is also a video of someone basejumping off the tower and forgetting to open his chute, wont post it though might be considered in bad taste (although apparently he survived the fall due to the snow being deep)
  • Garry H
    johnfinch wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

The scary parts are when isn't clipped in and he's over 1000 feet up and one slip or one massive gust of wind could lead to him falling to his death. That's the thought that makes my stomach churn.

"more fatalities per 100,000 workers than any other job in the U.S. according to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)"

I can't see any bits where he's nof clipped in.
  • Garry H
    Same tower with an even crazier guy (also very skilled!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mozYoPICQJE

There is also a video of someone basejumping off the tower and forgetting to open his chute, wont post it though might be considered in bad taste (although apparently he survived the fall due to the snow being deep)
    That's what i call real ass crazy. especially the guy doing chins.
  • finchy
    Garry H wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

I can't see any bits where he's nof clipped in.

Which one are you watching? I was talking about the one in which he climbs to the top of the tower, showing several times that he isn't clipped in.
  • Garry H
    See it now. Helps when i watch the whole thing. :D Hardest part would be coming back down again.
  • finchy
    Hardest bit for me would be cleaning up my underpants afterwards. :oops:
  • Garry H
    Wonder how quickly it takes to climb to top?
  • ddraver wrote:
    Does anyone else get a really not pleasant tingling in their feet when they watch things like that?

YES!!!
    I get kicky adrenalin legs just watching.
    Those dam Ruskys are crazy, that homemade moonshine does bad things.
    Kuota Kharma Race [Dry/Sunny]
    Raleigh Airlite 100 [Wet/Horrible]
  • I feel sick just thinking about it. Why did I watch the video again before posting it on here!