Entry level rockriders

Greeny1210
Greeny1210 Posts: 17
edited February 2013 in MTB beginners
Hi guys

looking to get myself a bike just for fitness/health really at least to start with, will be mostly riding through parks, streets at first maybe a bit of woodland, nothing really rugged, I live In sheffield so loads of hills (avoiding as many as possible at first or I will probably have a heart attack, so got a route thats mostly fat till I am a bit fitter

anyway, been looking at the b'twin rockriders in decathlon 5.0 - 5.1 and 5.2 (budget is tight so the less the better) had a look today, and see a fair difference between 5.0 and the others but not sure about much difference between 5.1 and 5.2 or if its worth the extra cash, determined to stick at it , only other exercise I do is weights at home and walk miles most days, but i'm pretty overweight and stocky, not rode a bike for must be 17 years now but just want something different and a bit more enjoyable exercise wise

any help much appreciated, ps 2nd hand is awkward as don't have transport to pick up hence why I am looking at new

cheers
Greeny

Comments

• Rockriders are very good bikes for the money.

The 5.0 is rigid so more of a hybrid than an MTB & the 5.2 comes with better components & a front (mechanical) disc brakes instead of front & rear 'V's' on the 5.1.

If you can afford the 5.3 it'll last you longer before your looking at getting a new bike & upgrades will be cheaper as it has F & R discs already fitted (no need for a new rear wheel) so will save you £ in the long run.

What ever you decide on, you'll be wanting a new saddle almost immediately though. Those RR ones will try to cut you in half (at least mine did). ;)
    Statistically, Six Out Of Seven Dwarves Aren't Happy
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Or the same answer as your other identical thread.
    viewtopic.php?f=20005&t=12907141&p=18161974#p18161974
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools