New Bike opinions

Anox
Anox Posts: 3
edited February 2013 in MTB buying advice
recently I have been out on trails on a friends full suspension mountain bike and have been really enjoying it. recently due to some situation I can't use his bike any more so I'm going to bite the bullet and buy my own. I have a very tight budget so I know full suspension might not be available but I have come across this

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/rockrider-63 ... #avantages

I don't know much about MTBs but I do know the top quality ones are a lot money. so I would like to know if this bike is just made up of un-reliable parts. I am open to hard tails bike but have been riding full suspension a lot and really like the feel. I was told by someone to change the rearshock to this

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=74233

but as i said I don't know much about bikes so I don't know if this is good idea. the bike would be used on trails with largish drops. any opinions on bikes would be good. budjet would be under £500

Comments

• MTBUK
    MTBUK Posts: 146
    if you want a cheapo bike. can't go wrong with the Rockrider range........ Quality is outstanding at it's prices!!!
    Orange 5 Pro 650b 2014
    Orange Crush 650b 2014
  • oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    I personally think you should spend an extra £110 and go for This.

You get hydraulic disk brakes, Hydraulic forks, a hydraulic shock both 120mm travel. The extra money you would spend on a shock for the 6.3 could be put towards the better 6.5 instead!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Rockriders are good value, but not that one. And have you checked that shock will even fit?
    At that budget stick to a RR hardtail.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Anox
    Anox Posts: 3
    oxocube1 wrote:

You get hydraulic disk brakes, Hydraulic forks, a hydraulic shock both 120mm travel. The extra money you would spend on a shock for the 6.3 could be put towards the better 6.5 instead!

hmm this might be an idea but would there be any other full suspension bikes out there which is the same price with just as good specs?
  • No. Listen to CD. At that budget stick with the hardtail.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Anox wrote:
    oxocube1 wrote:

hmm this might be an idea but would there be any other full suspension bikes out there which is the same price with just as good specs?

The 6.5 is amazing for the money.