Turbo trainer

Brevi82
Brevi82 Posts: 14
edited February 2013 in Road general
Looking for a reasonable but really well priced turbo. Can anyone suggest any pref quick delivery... Thanks xx

Comments

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    How much do you want to spend ?
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • What do you mean reasonable - I have a Tacx Speedmatic its basic magnetic with 10 settings and it does me fine - can be got new for about £110-20 if you search - was C+ budget choice in last years turbo review.
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    ^I have something similiar to you and would recommend tacx. No stupid frills just a good amount of resistance on the wheel and for not a lot of money.
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    Tacx satori. If you want to spend a bit more than kurt road machine is worth the extra cash.
  • got a tacx satori as well,great wee trainer and pretty reasonable off decathlon.co.uk.lots of good bargains on there.

you could also look at the elite volare,had a go on one of these in halfords at the beginning of the yr and was very impressed with it....actually wanted to sell my tacx and go and buy one.(both were quite reasonably priced as well around the £130mark)

both give off a bit off noise but its not to bad that you couldnt live with it.....you can still watch tv or whatever you do on the trainer without having to screw the volume up full blast
    Lapierre Aircode 300
    Merida
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    both give off a bit off noise but its not to bad that you couldnt live with it.....you can still watch tv or whatever you do on the trainer without having to screw the volume up full blast

Bluetooth transmiter in the headphone socket and a set of bluetooth ear phones. Cost about £45 from amazon all in and work very well. Also saves you tucking the iPhone into your shorts for music.
  • Stueys wrote:

Bluetooth transmiter in the headphone socket and a set of bluetooth ear phones. Cost about £45 from amazon all in and work very well. Also saves you tucking the iPhone into your shorts for music.
    the noise isnt too bad stuey it doesnt bother me at all.....probably just cant hear it over my heavy breathing and wheezing :D:D:D :P :P
    Lapierre Aircode 300
    Merida
  • Brevi82 wrote:
    Looking for a reasonable but really well priced turbo. Can anyone suggest any pref quick delivery... Thanks xx
    I got a jet Black fluid from halfords and it's been brilliant so far, nice and quiet, use the bike gears to increase resistance

They were doing 20% off online orders the other week, which brought it down from £199 and was delivered very quickly
  • Stedman
    Stedman Posts: 377
    I have a basic Tacx magnetic resistance type turbo which I bought second hand and it is probably about fifteen years old. With a radio, towel, watch and a book, I am quite happy with this.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    I have an Elite Volare Mag Elasto and I'm happy enough with it. It has five resistance settings (remote) and its pretty quiet in use. I got mine in a sale at CRC for about £100.