roadie clothing - learning the hard way!

2»

Comments

• Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    Aldi winter leggins are amazing for about £16. Genuinely. I would definitely buy them again :D
    Winter gloves are about £6, very warm, but obviously not breathable at that price! Good for the very coldest weather.
    Base layers are good too.
    They do jerseys and high vis rain jackets, but I've not tried those myself.

Only trouble with Aldi is you need to get in straight away when they come in, or the lucky few buy in bulk
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    One option - rather than winter bib-tights (roubaix material) get bib-shorts - then you'll have something for the summer too - and decent leg warmers (try and get ones with windproof material around the front).

There's a lot of campagnolo stuff on sale at the moment (end of line for their clothing range) which is decent quality but was a bit expensive at RRP.
  • Decathlon is certainly worth a look. The nearest one to me is two hours drive away but they have reasonable kit at very good prices to get you started. :D Also some good bargains for kit in the cycling magazines at the mo. To go totally cheap I have managed to keep my feet warm by wearing two pairs of socks with a freezer bag or carrier bag between each pair and kept my midriff warm by wrapping bubble wrap around it. Works a treat, not too good at wicking sweat away but keeps you warm. Keep with it though, it's worth it. Good luck.
  • P.S TK Max have the snood things for sale, a pack of three, for about £5.99 just got some for myself and they work well.
  • Pituophis wrote:
    Aldi winter leggins are amazing for about £16. Genuinely. I would definitely buy them again :D
    Winter gloves are about £6, very warm, but obviously not breathable at that price! Good for the very coldest weather.
    Base layers are good too.
    They do jerseys and high vis rain jackets, but I've not tried those myself.

Only trouble with Aldi is you need to get in straight away when they come in, or the lucky few buy in bulk
    Trouble is, how do you know when they get the stuff in? I've never seen any of that stuff for sale in my Aldi, or the Lidle over the road from it.
  • If you want stuff from Lidl, sign up for their email newsletter. Then you get the heads up when they are going to have cycling kit in. I'd imagine Aldi do a similar thing
  • I concur with the Decathlon recommendations. You'll come out looking like you're sponsored by B'Twin if you get everything from there, but it's generally at a great price.