Langkawi 2013 *Spoilers*

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited March 2013 in Pro race
If anyone cares this race is on.

Typiaclly a Guradini sprint win fest. He has come up short twice against Bos. Not turning out to be the great Italian sprint hope.

tdl_2013_1c.jpg
tdl_2013_1b.jpg

Blanco just cleaning up this year. Good on them. A little set back and motivation spike is what some riders need.
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• Blanco just cleaning up this year. Good on them. A little set back and motivation spike is what some riders need.

And the absence of a guaranteed contract for next year?....
    2011 Trek Madone 3.1c
    2012 Ribble 7005 Winter Trainer

Dolor transit, gloria aeterna est.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Impressive line up this year. More big names and European teams than ever. I'm sure the 2.hc status helps. Let's see what Rolland can do on Genting Highlands. First big MTF tomorrow
  • I always enjoy this race because the Malaysian fans really love their cycling
  • The summary of stage 3 is worth reading. Chinese rider goes in break, drops companions with 40km to race at the base of the climb, pulls on his race face and climbs to huge margin over the PT racers and gains all 4 jerseys (never happened before).

Chapeau.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • FJS
    Unknown Chinese rider destroys the whole field, including some top European teams' climbers, on a mountain top finish. Hmm... OK, he was the last survivor of a break-away. Let's see what he's worth on the bog climb to Genting.

In the meantime, Guardini sprints to another 2nd, behind Chicchi this time, in stage 4
  • Lets reserve judgement because really we know nothing.

chine_zps53df559a.jpg

25-year old Stage 3 winner Wang Meiyin at the post race press conference:
    "This is the greatest day of my life. It is also my biggest success so far," said Meiyin.

"I was only thinking of joining the breakaway, but I didn't expect to win like this. It wasnot part of our team's plans. The plan was for two other teammates to get in the breakaway, but they didn't manage to do so.

"So I tried to go and succeeded. When we reached the foot of the climb, I managed to drop the other four riders and continue with my pace.

"Maybe the riders in the peloton also made a mistake and didn't try to catch me earlier because they don't know me or they thought they could catch me. So I was lucky."

"But I must admit that this was not an easy climb."

Meiyin added that he will try to defend the lead when the race reaches its most difficult stage, the climb up to Genting Highlands on Monday for Stage Five.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Looks like Colombia Coldeportes need to sign this Colombian as they are struggling to perform with their current team.

Classy ride from this guy.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/le-tou ... -5/results
    Contador is the Greatest
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    FJS wrote:
    Unknown Chinese rider destroys the whole field, including some top European teams' climbers, on a mountain top finish. Hmm... OK, he was the last survivor of a break-away. Let's see what he's worth on the bog climb to Genting.

In the meantime, Guardini sprints to another 2nd, behind Chicchi this time, in stage 4

I have to admit I had this thought too. Especially as he spent the day before in the break hoovering up all the sprints.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • FJS
    Wang lost a lot of time on Genting Highlands - perhaps the favourites did simply misjudge him in stage 3. Well done to him
  • Wang lost almost six minutes on the Genting Highlands to Julian Arredondo (Nippo-De Rosa).
    Arredondo has a minute and a half on Weening and two minutes on Pardilla with less challenging stages left...
    looking good for Arredondo at this point.
  • Another win for Blanco.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Check out the rain in stage 6:
    http://www.steephill.tv/2013/tour-de-la ... /stage-06/

And Guardini finally takes a win.
    Funny shot:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/le-tou ... tos/254012
    Contador is the Greatest
  • monsoon.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Tom Leezer (Blanco) picked a fine day to win his first professional race. He soloed in after escaping from a 16 man breakaway with 7 km to go. "I think I must have tried 30 or 40 times to breakaway during this stage and thankfully the last one was a good one."
    Contador is the Greatest
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Great pic ff. looks more like a regatta than a bike race!!
  • Check out Guardini's legs:
    20130227_2297.jpg
    http://www.grassyknolltv.com/2013/tour- ... 7_2297.jpg

Coquard wins stage 9. Check out the salute:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/le-tou ... tos/254172
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Chicchi wins the 10th stage.

Final GC:

1. Julian-David Arredondo (COL, Team Nippo-De Rosa) en 34h53'07"
    2. Pieter Weening (PBS, Orica-GreenEdge) à 1'15"
    3. Sergio Pardilla (ESP, MTN-Qhubeka) à 2'10"
    4. Peter Stetina (USA, Garmin-Sharp) à 2'30"
    5. Meiyin Wang (CHI, Hengxiang) à 2'40"
    6. Nathan Haas (AUS, Garmin-Sharp) à 2'43"
    7. Fortunato Baliani (ITA, Team Nippo-De Rosa) à 2'49"
    8. John Ebsen (DAN, Synergy Baku Cycling Project) à 2'55"
    9. Tsgabu Gebremaryam Grmay (ETH, MTN-Qhubeka) à 2'58"
    10. Amir Kolahdozhagh (IRN, Tabriz Petrochemical Team) m.t.

langkawi-winner.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest