Italy end to end

Whitlock
Whitlock Posts: 3
edited March 2013 in Tour & expedition
I'm planning to cycle from Lugano (Swiss/Italian border) to Trapini, Sicily in July or August this year - approx 1,200 miles. If anyone has done this route before can you offer me some tips. I realise it's hot at that time of the year but have done 8o miles+ per day in 35 degrees C before, so I guess I'm used to it. It's the only time of year I can find the time too. Let me know if you might be interested in coming along.
Thanks
R

Comments

• andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856
    What route have you got in mind?

It's really really hot in Italy in July and August (unless you are up in the mountains). Have you got any flexibility about when to go? going in June or September would be better.

I don't know whether the forum uses software for 'obfuscating' emails but it might be a good idea to get people to PM you or at least make it a bit harder for spammers to harvest your email eg yourname[AT]yourcompanyname[dot]co[dot]uk
  • Thanks Andy, duly noted and amended. You probably realise, but I'm fairly new to this forum game - no Facebook account either.
  • RowanM
    RowanM Posts: 20
    Hi Whitlock. I've never done any riding in Italy, but am planning to follow the Giro this year. I'll be blogging about it at www.tourletour.com. Not sure how applicable it will be because I will be seeing the influence of the Giro as well, but it should give you a general flavour of the riding there. But if your schedule changes, let me know if you want to come along!
    I'm riding the Giro d'Italia for charity in 2013. Check it out at www.tourletour.com!