Rose Carbon Pro SL 3000

2»

Comments

• E17Blade wrote:
    Unless I am very much mistaken..... it comes with a carbon seat post doesn't it? Mine did anyway.

Which bars did you go for?

Quite possibly, that was one of the things on my list so I made sure it was on there in the end, the post and bars might have even been the ones on there in the first place...in fact they were, having just looked through my emails. Same bars as yours, how are you finding them? I quite like being able to rest the edge of my palm and still reach the brakes while in the drops, which I can't do on my Specialized - it's one or the other.
  • njd37
    njd37 Posts: 162
    Lovely bike.

I've got 2 Rose Bikes. CRS-3100 and a Pro-2000. I'd buy another tommorow if my wife would let me :) I keep eyeing up there TT bike.
  • How long did it take from pulling the trigger to your neighbour signing for it?

Just putting the final touches to my Xeon RS-5000 and was wondering how long I'm going to have to sit on my doorstep waiting.
  • njd37
    njd37 Posts: 162
    How long did it take from pulling the trigger to your neighbour signing for it?

Just putting the final touches to my Xeon RS-5000 and was wondering how long I'm going to have to sit on my doorstep waiting.

My CRS-3100 took 3 weeks, the Pro-2000 took 2ish.
  • Cool. Cheers.

Just to add, @ op, it's a very nice looking bike indeed.

I've also been getting great support and advice from them for mine. What I also like is that you have the option to send back stuff like saddles, stems and bars within a (fairly generous) set period if you find you don't get along with them.

They've taken a load of additional measurements (I sit right inbetween sizes so wanted some more info from them), and made some suggestions based on that. In addition, I'm getting a proper bikefit once it arrives, so it's handy to know that I can still change stuff if required based on the outcome of that.
  • e17blade
    e17blade Posts: 215
    How long did it take from pulling the trigger to your neighbour signing for it?

It was between three and four weeks I think. Worth the wait!
  • e17blade
    e17blade Posts: 215
    Cool. Cheers.

Just to add, @ op, it's a very nice looking bike indeed.

I've also been getting great support and advice from them for mine. What I also like is that you have the option to send back stuff like saddles, stems and bars within a (fairly generous) set period if you find you don't get along with them.

They've taken a load of additional measurements (I sit right inbetween sizes so wanted some more info from them), and made some suggestions based on that. In addition, I'm getting a proper bikefit once it arrives, so it's handy to know that I can still change stuff if required based on the outcome of that.

I was dealing with Peter at Rose and he was great. Randomly, I noticed that his picture is at the bottom of the Rose advert in the new issue of Cycling Plus. Always nice to put a face to a name!
  • Update!

After a year-and-a-half of flying around on my Rose I am still extremely happy. I really do love my bike. It has been equally great in the Pyrenees, in 10 mile TT's, on all the club runs, etc, etc.

The only changes I have made are:

1. Shimano Dura Ace C35 wheels
    2. Making both tyres 25c for a bit of added comfort (the front was originally 23c).

15229197522_14b74cf01d_o.jpg

In fact I was so pleased with my Rose that I bought another one...

viewtopic.php?f=40114&t=12984831
  • dombhoy
    dombhoy Posts: 147
    that is an amazing looking bike!