New Bike Choices

Dan-Coll
Dan-Coll Posts: 40
edited February 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,

I am currently looking at getting a new bike at the minute I ride a 2009 Specialized Pitch Pro. I am looking at getting something in the 140/160 travel range as i ride more of an enduro style and was just wondering what options are out there. I'm looking to spend around the £2500 mark so any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Have you considered something like the Canyon Strive? I heard they are very highly rated with great spec!
  • ^^^^^^^^^^this

Or OnOne do the El Guapo right now for just under £2k and comes with dropper post and lots of nice kit. http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FRTITELGUV3 ... _rt3_shock
    Family, Friends, Fantastic trails - what else is there

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12898838
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12897374
  • Hadnt heard about the strive but will take a look at them now
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The Rose Uncle jimbo or Granite Chief would be my choice. Both are a great ride and excellent value.
    Rose are similar to Canyon, mail order German bikes but they have a much more helpful UK importer.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    The Rose Uncle jimbo or Granite Chief would be my choice. Both are a great ride and excellent value.
    Rose are similar to Canyon, mail order German bikes but they have a much more helpful UK importer.
    there isn't an importer, canyon bikes come direct from the factory
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    chez_m356 wrote:
    Indeed but then RM was talking about Rose....your point was?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 wrote:
    Indeed but then RM was talking about Rose....your point was?
    i may have read it wrong, but it looked like he was saying they both had an importer, if thats the case apologies, but do rose have a uk importer or is it a rep, looking at there website, i couldn't find a uk address, which suggests no importer
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Not sure if he is an importer or rep, you buy through the German website. I know he runs the UK race teams and has a selection of demo bikes. They do have a UK address, it's in the contacts page of their website so not hard to find.
    https://www.rosebikes.co.uk/contact/show
  • chez_m356
    Not sure if he is an importer or rep, you buy through the German website. I know he runs the UK race teams and has a selection of demo bikes. They do have a UK address, it's in the contacts page of their website so not hard to find.
    https://www.rosebikes.co.uk/contact/show
    found this through a google search viewtopic.php?f=40020&t=12830162 sounds as though he is a rep with access to demo models, so not an importer, an interesting read though, even if it is in the road section :lol: it certainly appears that Rose have there act together much better than Canyon do