Hello

anthonyhenderson
anthonyhenderson Posts: 12
edited February 2013 in MTB beginners
Hi everyone, new to the forum. Decided recently breath some fresh life in my old frame again and rekindle a love affair with bikes. I'm 24 from Warrington, my bike is old diamond back frame I've had since I was 14-15 and I'm a little attached to it as It been with me along time. Not best but I I've just upgraded from some tired promax hornets to Deore M596 brakes, won some Marzocchi Mx comp 2007 on ebay for £30 to replace my nakerd Rock shox judys.

Just repainted the frame and got an SLX shadow rear mech too, running a 11-32 rear and a single 32.

179648_10151464844015042_575540565_n.jpg

Comments

• Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    Welcome! Those brakes are brilliant for the money! Get up some proper pictures though.
  • Greer_ wrote:
    Welcome! Those brakes are brilliant for the money! Get up some proper pictures though.

I will do once it's fully rebuilt, need to set the derailleur up and trim the hoses etc. Not had the pleasure of using the brakes yet, but looking forward to it. I was going to get Elixir 3, but after the threads discussing them I went for the Deores.
  • Looking good!
  • Better picture.

Almost finished rebuilding it back up as it was getting a bit tired.

Full spec
    Marzocchi MX Comp 2007 forks.
    Amoeba Borla stem and bars
    Token Headset
    Shimano M596 brakes
    Truvativ hustlefelt crank(Slx crankset is in the post)
    Slx rear 9 speed mech, deore shifters.
    Wheels are a pair of old Alexrims Mx18
    Frame is a Diamondback from 2004 irrc, all I remember is I think it was a d10 or a d12 well a D something.
    Schwalbe black jack tyres
    Dmr lock on grips

Crank, frame, Amoeba headset, bars and wheels are around 9 years old and they are still going strong. I intend to upgrade to matching slx shifters and cassette with some new rims when funds allow.

538192_10151466216275042_513323933_n.jpg