Bontrager XR4

camerauk
camerauk Posts: 1,000
edited February 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
I have just got a Bontrager XR4 team issue tyre to go on the rear of my bike
I have got myself a bit confused with which way round it should go :oops:
It has an arrow with rear and an arrow with forward on the sidewall now as its going on the rear would I have the arrow saying rear pointing towards the front or the rear of the bike????
Specialized Camber Expert
Specialized Allez Sport

Comments

• RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    The arrow points in the direction the wheel will be rotating
  • camerauk
    The arrow points in the direction the wheel will be rotating

Sorry still at a loss as it has one arrow marked forward and another marked rear i.e. <
    Front Rear
    >
    does this mean fit with front arrow facing to front and rear arrow backwards
    If so don't really see point in having Front and Rear on tyre lol just got me confused as it maybe different if fitting tyre on rear or front :oops:
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    No it means if you use the tyre on the front wheel, the arrow marked front points in the direction of rotation, and vice versa.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • camerauk
    cooldad wrote:
    No it means if you use the tyre on the front wheel, the arrow marked front points in the direction of rotation, and vice versa.

Ok cheers think I have got it :?
    Its going on the back wheel so I have it when looking at the bike with the front wheel on left and rear wheel on right,
    <
    Rear Front
    >

and if it was going on front it would be

<
    Front Rear
    >
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Thats it, you got it. Just be careful with the XR4's, they are quite "big" for their size, I couldnt run a 2.2 on the back because the tyre fouled the frame on my Boardman FS Team, fine on the front though. Conti MK2's in 2.2 ran fine on the back without fouling.
    2012 Boardman FS Team
    2014 Giant Defy 2
  • camerauk
    ElliesDad wrote:
    Thats it, you got it. Just be careful with the XR4's, they are quite "big" for their size, I couldnt run a 2.2 on the back because the tyre fouled the frame on my Boardman FS Team, fine on the front though. Conti MK2's in 2.2 ran fine on the back without fouling.

Thank you
    I have fitted it to the rear of my camber and there is plenty of clearance but like you say it does seem very big for a 2.2 tyre
    I have found it does not roll as well as my Spesh Ground Control tyre though seemed hard going today but that may have just been me feeling weak lol
    Specialized Allez Sport