No drug testing at Paris Nice

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited February 2013 in Pro race
This is pretty stupid. Nice of them to let the riders know in advance. Could be a bluff though ; )

The French Anti-doping Authority (AFLD) will not carry out drug tests at next month’s Paris-Nice due to a disagreement with the UCI

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/afld-re ... paris-nice
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    All the good people are in Italy anyway
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,154
    AFLD should just get on with doing their job instead of trying to play politics.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    iainf72 wrote:

You beat me to it :wink:
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • RichN95 wrote:
    AFLD should just get on with doing their job instead of trying to play politics.

Agreed. Seems to be a common problem at the moment.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    iainf72 wrote:
    You mean strongest riders or clean riders. :?:
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • Arrangements will have been made for the UCI to do all the testing at the race.

They might have got away with no testing at the '11 Tour of Cali but there's no way that's going to happen in this climate at an ASO race, especially with Prudhomme in charge.

I see that USADA and UCI have been at handbags over splitting responsibility for AD testing at Cali this year - AGAIN
    http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/ne ... sting.html
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,860
    I still have to pinch myself every time I see that.. Amgen sponsoring a race that is
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I still have to pinch myself every time I see that.. Amgen sponsoring a race that is

It's ironic sure, but do you really think that the market for selling their drugs to sports cheats even registers on their revenue counter?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • I still have to pinch myself every time I see that.. Amgen sponsoring a race that is

It's ironic sure, but do you really think that the market for selling their drugs to sports cheats even registers on their revenue counter?

Does the fact that more healthy people buy it than ill people help answer your question!
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639

Does the fact that more healthy people buy it than ill people help answer your question!

Really?