fire alarm fursday

Woodmonkey
Woodmonkey Posts: 412
edited February 2013 in The Crudcatcher
morning arse onists

fire alarm call at 4 am because of a faulty sensor, you might think that this wouldn't please me, but you'd be wrong this means i can ditch work at midday and go play bikes.
This pleases me

also have friday and monday booked off for birthday(sun) shennanigans and sherwood pines on sat morn
this also pleases me

bacons will be forthcoming when the kitchen staff arrive at work
i am pleased for a third time
not a bad start considering the unholy hour at which today started
pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

i seem to be incredibly hung over after only drinking about 4 glasses of wine last night and my cold has kicked in with vengence :(

but i'm off to cc to do a few runs on the uplift later so i'm happy :D

laters
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    My ring. My ring, my ring is on fire ! If im not careful im gonna full down the toilet!
    That bowl of chilli on a jacket spud after riding yesterday was a good idea at the time.
    Off up to the shops later as its wifeys birthday Saturday and I need tto get out while the estate agent comes round to put this house on the market, was going to rent it out but its too risky with my wofk situation being less than good at the moment.

Anyway smoky bacon is in the fridge and I need a top up.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' window lickers

Not a lot to report - quiet day in work, prepping for tomorrow, out tonight with friends, yada yada yada.

Onwards! To caffiene overdose! And stuff!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Uni meh today, maybe bikes this afternoon depending on how I'm feeling. I've not been out for a while now and I'm struggling to find the motivation, probably because the riding down here is crap, can't wait to head home for the holidays... maybe I'll just take the road bike out for a few hours.

Laters
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Morning

in London village again, decent night on the beer followed by way to much ale - sat in the office and now a fire alarm here too - better go!
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    So far I have managed to avoid the boss man today so this is a win.

Cake making minion has also been busy so this again is a win.

Tesco direct screwed up the bike rack delivery last night so this is a fail. It is to be redelivered on Friday. We'll see.

Ex has reappeared after 9 months. This is a fail too.

Score 2 wins - 2 fails.

Tea and cake to take the lead.

Later......
  • welshkev
    cicatriz wrote:

she didn't turn up with an unexpected 'suprise' after 9 months did she?!?
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    welshkev wrote:
    cicatriz wrote:

I'd be more worried that she found her way out of a ditch and walking around with her head facing backwards
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'Ning
    Driving in from the new house is so much nicer than the hell of the M1 for 2 hours.
    Very happy today, can't think why.
    General bike related stuff all day today.
    Going back to Notts tonight so I can pack for a weekend in Wales
    And that's about it, think I'll have some muesli.
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • Foxc got to break-in the mattress into its new home last night ;) Giggity

Morning Losers!
    It's me Mums Birthday today! She's hit the ripe old age of 60, so I'll be heading over there to drop her present off, then probably head out on a bike somewhere as it looks sunny from here (I'm still in bed, the curtains are closed).

So, better get started really.
    Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Wotcha Scuttlers

Just of to The land of cummycarn for a number of laps, that number being any number including 1

I'll report back later to let you know I'm safe
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Gazlar wrote:
    Wotcha Scuttlers

Just of to The land of cummycarn for a number of laps, that number being any number including 1

So jealous of you guys in Wales that can just "nip off" down Cwmcarn, Coed y brenin etc. Bustards.
  • welshkev
    Gazlar wrote:
    Wotcha Scuttlers

So jealous of you guys in Wales that can just "nip off" down Cwmcarn, Coed y brenin etc. Bustards.

yep, it's great :wink::lol:
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    cicatriz wrote:

I'd be more worried that she found her way out of a ditch and walking around with her head facing backwards

I'll have to confess to shoddy workmanship there. :oops: Obviously a deeper ditch will be required.
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    Good morning! After 2 days of working pretty much allll day and alll night I am taking a day off!

Off to get the barnet chopped this afternoon, then bouldering with the boy in Pudsey tonight :D

Just been asked to coach 'ladies night' at xscape, can't stop the tune playing over and over in my head now argh!

Onwards to baked goods and a fun rest of day :)
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • Morning monkies,

I am back int he UK after getting home late last night after M4 nightmare getting home from Heathrow, but most DK visits should be done for now wooop!

Hoping to get a ride this weekend but its the old mans 70th.

And Foxy Wales beware the stalkers we all live here now!
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Glad today is Thursday as that means it is nearly Friday. My file numbers at work have suddenly gone up which means goodbye free time and weekends just as the days are getting longer. Have to start training for random sporting events again now.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Couldn't stick a job that ate my riding time i must admit..

But try booking into one of the CRC marthon rides, there good events for a laugh.
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Giving up my freetime is far easier than being screamed at by irate idiotic clients on a daily basis. My life revolves around my office and work/life balance is totally messed up. Time to look for new jobs methinks.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Gazlar
    welshkev wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    Wotcha Scuttlers

I second that, 2 laps, 2 hrs 21, at a steady cc2cc pace, trying not to bun out climbing or get sketchy descending so just eased back on both a little and I feel fresh as a daisy, like i'd just gone for a lazy walk in the woods
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Gazlar wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    Wotcha Scuttlers

I second that, 2 laps, 2 hrs 21, at a steady cc2cc pace, trying not to bun out climbing or get sketchy descending so just eased back on both a little and I feel fresh as a daisy, like i'd just gone for a lazy walk in the woods

cheers guys :D

I dont care anyway - I can ride over needles & bums under bridges, fark mountains and valleys
  • MissCMC wrote:
    Giving up my freetime is far easier than being screamed at by irate idiotic clients on a daily basis. My life revolves around my office and work/life balance is totally messed up. Time to look for new jobs methinks.

I would no amount of money is worth giving up your life for.
  • Gazlar
    MissCMC wrote:
    Giving up my freetime is far easier than being screamed at by irate idiotic........

You deal with a lot of people from "the port" then ;)
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp