Banbury - where to live? (maybe!)

mmuk
mmuk Posts: 398
edited February 2013 in The cake stop
my company are talking about maybe relocating to Banbury in a year or two.

If this happens, it wouldn't be too bad for me, as my son lives in Worcester, and that's a lot closer than Norfolk!

SO - North West of Banbury, (general direction Worcester) up to 20 miles out (commutable by bike), where are the 'nice' places to live, and where to avoid?

any advice welcome!

Mike

Comments

• VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Im in Stratford, its a great place but our CEO is in Bicester, its a wonderful location but dreadfully expensive.
    Living MY dream.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    I would suggest looking into the villages between Hook Norton and Bloxham, to the West as you suggest. The nearer you get to the N Costwolds the more expensive it gets though. Great for rolling countryside (inc escarpment of Edge Hill), Horton stone villages and decent pubs. Slightly cheaper option would be Bloxham or Hooky itself.
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    Bloxham is nice!

...and there are some lovely villages to the north and west of Banbury. Hooky is very quaint, heading out towards Shipston on Stour there are some really nice places. Why not come on a club run with the Banbury Star one Sunday morning?
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    Mate of mine lives in Sibford Gower, lovely village. Great community, pretty as you like, not too expensive.

PS
    Bicester, its a wonderful location but dreadfully expensive
    Where I live, 12 miles south east, people move to Bicester as it's so much cheaper!!!!!!
  • VTech
    proto wrote:
    Mate of mine lives in Sibford Gower, lovely village. Great community, pretty as you like, not too expensive.

PS
    Bicester, its a wonderful location but dreadfully expensive
    Where I live, 12 miles south east, people move to Bicester as it's so much cheaper!!!!!!

Your saying bicester is cheap ?
    Living MY dream.
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    Yep!
  • VTech
    Half a mil for a 4 bed detached with parking for 1 car, single garage and small front and rear garden. I think that's pricey
    Living MY dream.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    VTech wrote:
    Half a mil for a 4 bed detached with parking for 1 car, single garage and small front and rear garden. I think that's pricey

Then look at the cheaper 4 bed houses with double garage and parking for 2 cars, there're plenty of them.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved