2R Magazine

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited February 2013 in Pro race
On the App Store for iPad

Anyone looked yet?

Sounds interesting but I will say the involvement of UCI_Overlord and Kimmage really puts me off.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Not a fan of the 'digital magazine' stuff (Why not just have a website?!)...

And certainly not involving UCI_Overlord.

INRNG's contribution may be worthwhile but I doubt it will be anything different from the stuff on his own blog.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Sorry for what is probably a drongo question, but can you read this if you don't have an iPad, i.e. on a normal mac laptop.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Sad to see Inrng sully his otherwise impeccable reputation by lending his credibility to the the odious cyclismas crew and the unhinged Paul Kimmage. Also odd to see Vroomen keeping the same company. Maybe the recent Kimmage meltdowns were a novel tactic to drum up pre-launch publicity? Perhaps not the best approach if you want to be taken seriously.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Its a mutual masturbation society. Innit.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,740
    Its a mutual masturbation society. Innit.

On an unrelated note, I'm the king of that.
  • Its a mutual masturbation society. Innit.

On an unrelated note, I'm the king of that.

Is it being without the internetz?
  • Macaloon
    I'm sure there's some Kimmage-Cam footage of that somewhere.
  • Yeah, that Kimmage who helped bring down the greatest faud in sorting history, we don't want to hear from him, nor those others who don't beleive in the marginal gains way to success. I want to hear all about how having a big warehouse full of spares won the tour, or how having a team chef, bedding etc won it.

Hopefully the mag will cover the Gert Leinders trial.

Seething different from the bought and paid for media we are currently stuck with.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    It's so nice how people give Kimmage the credit for the work of USADA...

Kimmage mainly preaches to the choir and generally utterly fails to really convert anyone.

He was right about Lance all along, and was one of the only journos prepared to stand up and be counted, so props for that.

Also, who designed their website? It's pretty damn amatuer
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    I had a look at it.

Basically it's 90% one big interview with the LeMonds by Kimmage. Then there's one piece each by Inrng, Vroomen and UCI_Underpants which are exactly like their blog entries - and probably actually are.

There's a couple of short videos which GCN and others do better and some photos which French Fighter does better.

If you don't mind Kimmage and like LeMond then there's something for you - but the rest is no different than what you already get on the internet. I'll be surprised if it makes it past a handful of issues.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Sorry for what is probably a drongo question, but can you read this if you don't have an iPad, i.e. on a normal mac laptop.

iPad or iPhone only.
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    The fact that it's just for i-devices seems somewhat appropriate:exclusive, self-regarding clique pretending others don't exist.

Please feel free to replace with your own dismissive metaphor, of course
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • Macaloon
    Yeah, that Kimmage who helped bring down the greatest faud in sorting history, we don't want to hear from him, nor those others who don't beleive in the marginal gains way to success. I want to hear all about how having a big warehouse full of spares won the tour, or how having a team chef, bedding etc won it.

Seething different from the bought and paid for media we are currently stuck with.
    Are you suggesting that the world's media have been warned-off from Kimmage and his ilk by Murdoch-empire attack dogs? Poor persecuted Paul. If only there were outlets prepared to take their chances against mighty News International. It's pretty damning that PK's brand of innuendo and smears are too toxic for even Britain's tabloids.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I quite enjoyed the LeMond interview. I thought the accusation he made that Kelly had tried to buy an MSR victory from him looked on fairly shaky ground given the number of other things that either Kathy LeMond or Kimmage corrected him on.

LeMond seems strangely fragile for someone who was such a tough competitor.
  • Graeme_S wrote:
    I quite enjoyed the LeMond interview. I thought the accusation he made that Kelly had tried to buy an MSR victory from him looked on fairly shaky ground given the number of other things that either Kathy LeMond or Kimmage corrected him on.

LeMond seems strangely fragile for someone who was such a tough competitor.

Have you read Slaying the Badger?
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I haven't, no. Did quite fancy it after reading the interview.
  • Graeme_S wrote:
    I haven't, no. Did quite fancy it after reading the interview.

He was fragile as anything with Badger up to his tricks on the 86 Tour. Got paranoid that the French were ganging up with Hinault against him, became so concerned about being slipped something dodgy in the food that he had his own food shipped in separately...that kind of thing.

Recommend the book - its a great read.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Flasher wrote:

iPad or iPhone only.

After some more research it turns out you cant read it on the iPhone either (not that i particularly want to).

Oh well, haven't even started on the most recent Procycling or Rouleur mags yet anyway.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Yeah, that Kimmage who helped bring down the greatest faud in sorting history, we don't want to hear from him, nor those others who don't beleive in the marginal gains way to success. I want to hear all about how having a big warehouse full of spares won the tour, or how having a team chef, bedding etc won it.

Kimmage was very popular when taking down Lance but to question Wiggins and Sky is not so easy same former supporters of Kimmage. I will read 2R...looks not too bad and Kimmage has written some good stuff before
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512

Kimmage was very popular when taking down Lance but to question Wiggins and Sky is not so easy for same former supporters of Kimmage. I will read 2R...looks not too bad and Kimmage has written some good stuff before